Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

outlook password

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:39:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I use windows xp home with outlook for my email, How can I use a password to
open my outlook mail? My PC is used by others in my home. I would like to
use a pass word like I could in win 98.Thank you if you can help. " Miles"

More about : outlook password

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:39:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Do you mean Outlook, or Outlook Express? They are two different programs. If you mean
Outlook Express:

Click the File menu, then click Identities/Manage Identities. When the Manage Identities
window opens, click to highlight/select the Identity that you want to give a password to,
then click the Properties button. Click to put a checkmark in the small box to the left
of: Require a Password. The rest is self-explanatory.

If you DO NOT mean the email client Outlook Express, which is part of Windows the XP
operarting system, but mean OUTLOOK, which is software that is NOT part of the Windows XP
operating system, then ask in the news group:

microsoft.public.outlook
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply




"MyPC" <bmbreg@optonline.net> wrote in message news:GddMe.12650$9v3.2275@fe09.lga...
> I use windows xp home with outlook for my email, How can I use a password to
> open my outlook mail? My PC is used by others in my home. I would like to
> use a pass word like I could in win 98.Thank you if you can help. " Miles"
>
>
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:47:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Set a password on your personal file in Outlook
Open Outlook, in the Folder List right click Personal Folders
Select Properties and click the Advanced button
Set a password

Now when outlook is opened it will ask for the password before displaying
any contents of that persoanl fold



--
Regards
Mark Dormer
How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375


"MyPC" <bmbreg@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:GddMe.12650$9v3.2275@fe09.lga...
>I use windows xp home with outlook for my email, How can I use a password
>to
> open my outlook mail? My PC is used by others in my home. I would like to
> use a pass word like I could in win 98.Thank you if you can help. "
> Miles"
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:47:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

HI, Thanks for the tip, I use Outlook Express 6, is this the same as
"outlook" ? I can't fine a Personal Folder in the folder list. Can I still
use a pass word? I use XP Home. Thanks if you can help
"Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
news:eBl7JYioFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Set a password on your personal file in Outlook
> Open Outlook, in the Folder List right click Personal Folders
> Select Properties and click the Advanced button
> Set a password
>
> Now when outlook is opened it will ask for the password before displaying
> any contents of that persoanl fold
>
>
>
> --
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
> How to ask a newsgroup question:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
>
> "MyPC" <bmbreg@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:GddMe.12650$9v3.2275@fe09.lga...
>>I use windows xp home with outlook for my email, How can I use a password
>>to
>> open my outlook mail? My PC is used by others in my home. I would like to
>> use a pass word like I could in win 98.Thank you if you can help. "
>> Miles"
>>
>
>
August 16, 2005 7:47:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

MyPC wrote:

> HI, Thanks for the tip, I use Outlook Express 6, is this the same as
> "outlook" ? I can't fine a Personal Folder in the folder list. Can I
> still use a pass word? I use XP Home. Thanks if you can help
> "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
> news:eBl7JYioFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

No, Outlook Express and Outlook are two different programs. A great site
for all things relating to Outlook Express is www.insideoe.com by MVP
Tom Koch.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:49:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:38:54 -1000, "t.cruise"
<t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com> wrote:

>Do you mean Outlook, or Outlook Express? They are two different programs. If you mean
>Outlook Express:
>
>Click the File menu, then click Identities/Manage Identities. When the Manage Identities
>window opens, click to highlight/select the Identity that you want to give a password to,
>then click the Properties button. Click to put a checkmark in the small box to the left
>of: Require a Password. The rest is self-explanatory.
>
>If you DO NOT mean the email client Outlook Express, which is part of Windows the XP
>operarting system, but mean OUTLOOK, which is software that is NOT part of the Windows XP
>operating system, then ask in the news group:
>
>microsoft.public.outlook

OE questions don't belong here any more than Outlook questions. OE is
NOT a "part of the OS" but a program that runs under it. It can be
sucessfully removed (as my company has done) without harming the OS.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 6:16:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You do it differently in OE
Click File--Identities--Manage Identities
Select the identity and click Properties
Set Require a password

--
Regards
Mark Dormer
How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375


"MyPC" <bmbreg@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:TDpMe.5221$Gx1.2024@fe11.lga...
> HI, Thanks for the tip, I use Outlook Express 6, is this the same as
> "outlook" ? I can't fine a Personal Folder in the folder list. Can I still
> use a pass word? I use XP Home. Thanks if you can help
> "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
> news:eBl7JYioFHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Set a password on your personal file in Outlook
>> Open Outlook, in the Folder List right click Personal Folders
>> Select Properties and click the Advanced button
>> Set a password
>>
>> Now when outlook is opened it will ask for the password before displaying
>> any contents of that persoanl fold
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Mark Dormer
>> How to ask a newsgroup question:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>
>>
>> "MyPC" <bmbreg@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> news:GddMe.12650$9v3.2275@fe09.lga...
>>>I use windows xp home with outlook for my email, How can I use a password
>>>to
>>> open my outlook mail? My PC is used by others in my home. I would like
>>> to
>>> use a pass word like I could in win 98.Thank you if you can help. "
>>> Miles"
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!