Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have been unable to get my new system to pass the
directx 8 & 9 tests. It says it passes, however the
rotating box flickers. The game I play, everquest,
flickers as well. System specs are:
AMD XP3000
ATI Radeon 9600
1G RAM
ASUS MB
Clean install XP Pro
No programs running (Firewall/anti-virus etc.)
Current drivers installed and bios updated.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Richard

I had the same problem and needed to update my Video Driver. I have in the
past had to backup on a Video Driver also. Check your Video Driver first.

--
Thanks
Joe Chiacchio

"Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been unable to get my new system to pass the
> directx 8 & 9 tests. It says it passes, however the
> rotating box flickers. The game I play, everquest,
> flickers as well. System specs are:
> AMD XP3000
> ATI Radeon 9600
> 1G RAM
> ASUS MB
> Clean install XP Pro
> No programs running (Firewall/anti-virus etc.)
> Current drivers installed and bios updated.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Richard

---

One of the first things I did was to check/update the
driver.any other suggestions?

8/11/2004

>.

What is the make and Mod. of your Video card???

--
Thanks
Joe Chiacchio

> One of the first things I did was to check/update the
> driver.any other suggestions?

---

Sorry I should look before I ask. Try this, You should have a control panel
for your card under Display Properties/settings/Advance. Look and see if
your card is locked in Direct3-D, If so switch it to OpenGL and try DXDIAG
again. Some cards have a problem, Nvidia MX400 for example with Direct3D
under Direct X 8 tests. Try the test again. BTW The new Nvidia Driver did
fix that DX Bug.

--
Thanks
Joe Chiacchio
jchiacchio@comcast.net

> One of the first things I did was to check/update the
> driver.any other suggestions?

---

Please go to the following sites, I think you will find your answer here. It
has something to do with your driver and SMARTGART.

http://ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html

http://www.ati.com/support/faq/winxp.html

--
Thanks