imac and networking mn820

Greetings, I am running the above router and a notebook
on wireless, I have an IMac with the ability to ehternet
to my modem, is there any way I can configure it to work
through the router?

Any help would be much appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about imac networking mn820

    Yes. Plug it into the router and it might work right away ^_^

    If not, change the Internet settings on the iMac to obtain
    a dynamic IP from the ISP/server.

    Is there any chance you could tell me how to do that?
    Change the internet settings I mean. I am just getting
    way too frustrated

    Brett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Is there any chance you could tell me how to do that?
    > Change the internet settings I mean. I am just getting
    > way too frustrated

    "Get IP automatically" is usually called "use DHCP" under MacOS
    (depending on what version). If you use MacOS X, go to the System
    Preferences and then to the Network prefpane. You see the diffreent
    ports your Mac has available there and you should select Ethernet. The
    DHCP option will be under the TCP/IP settings.

    Corentin

    --
    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
    http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com