Playfield clearcoating

I am looking at my Gottlieb Pin Up that had extensive (total repaint)
touch up done to it and clearcoating. The thing is amazing. Now I am
contemplating having my Embryon done but am having second thoughts. The
artwork is very detailed and I don't see how anyone could do a total
repaint and have it look anything like original.

Does anyone know how this would be handled by any of the restoration
guys out there? I would think that touching up the needy areas and then
clearcoating would be the way.

Has anyone here had work done on playfield artwork with similar amounts
of detail?

Thanks,

-Tom

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/

Detail? You wanna talk detail? Hows about hundreds of little stars? :)
http://www.passionforpinball.com/pinbot.htm

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

I saw your site before and yea it's impressive. But I don't have the
time/talent/money to pay someone to do that kind of a job!

The real question is how can someone do that kind of work for a couple
of bucks ($200-250)?

-Tom

I saw this up at Bill's place. he basicly repainted everything. Looked
like a ton of work, cutting and masking around all the guys.

-c

Andy

I had Bill Davis restore my Cyclone playfield. It had day 1 factory mylar
and I removed it, and then Bill repainted all the white, the rollover areas,
and anything else that was necessary.

The work was absolutely amazing but slow. It must have taken Bill 9 months
to a year to return it to me, but I was very happy with the results. Here
are a couple pictures:

http://www.charlottepinball.com/cyclone/c-pf-before1.jpg
http://www.charlottepinball.com/cyclone/c-pf-before2.jpg

http://www.charlottepinball.com/cyclone/c-pf-after1.jpg
http://www.charlottepinball.com/cyclone/c-pf-after2.jpg

Pictures with new all new ramps and plastics, reinstalled:

http://www.charlottepinball.com/cyclone/c-pf-after3.jpg
http://www.charlottepinball.com/cyclone/c-pf-after4.jpg

Andy

"twilightzonepinball" <tomwible@aol.com> wrote in message
>I am looking at my Gottlieb Pin Up that had extensive (total repaint)
> touch up done to it and clearcoating. The thing is amazing. Now I am
> contemplating having my Embryon done but am having second thoughts. The
> artwork is very detailed and I don't see how anyone could do a total
> repaint and have it look anything like original.
>
> Does anyone know how this would be handled by any of the restoration
> guys out there? I would think that touching up the needy areas and then
> clearcoating would be the way.
>
> Has anyone here had work done on playfield artwork with similar amounts
> of detail?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Tom
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/

Cliffy-
Wow-you are truly a madman. A madman with the patience of Job and the
hand steadiness of an eye surgeon. I assume the caricature of Dr.
Protector is a somewhat accurate one? I'm going to be emailing you for
the color matching for my Pinbot PF restoration, which I'm sure will
pale in comparison to yours (but hopefully will take much less time in
total hours.) No way I'm going to try to do the star thinggy. What'll
you be doing next? A Firepower or Centaur PF? MM? Space Invaders?

Accurate only in my determination :) Next up? Probably this friends
Gottlieb Rainbow playfield or my Jumping Jack. Nothing as detailed as
the PB for sure :)

deafdumb&blindboy wrote:
> Cliffy-
> Wow-you are truly a madman. A madman with the patience of Job and the
> hand steadiness of an eye surgeon. I assume the caricature of Dr.
> Protector is a somewhat accurate one? I'm going to be emailing you for
> the color matching for my Pinbot PF restoration, which I'm sure will
> pale in comparison to yours (but hopefully will take much less time in
> total hours.) No way I'm going to try to do the star thinggy. What'll
> you be doing next? A Firepower or Centaur PF? MM? Space Invaders?

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com