Xp pro. does nor let me use this devise. I get a yellow disk with a
explanation mark in the centre, in "hardware" can anyone help

Savage

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004

The reason you see that shield is because there may be no valid drivers
installed , get the latest version of the device drivers from the device
manufacturer's site.
--
________
NIC

i have downloaded new drivers with out any luck. when installing i get the
message, do you wish to continue as it has not been passed by ms i press yes
and it seems to load the ms driver from xp. it also shows that the driver is
from ms in properties

"Savage"

> The reason you see that shield is because there may be no valid drivers
> installed , get the latest version of the device drivers from the device
> manufacturer's site.
> --
> ________
> NIC
> ----------
> Savage
> ________

Savage

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004

The device should be plug and play , in this case it doesn't like the drivers
at all.

Once you check the properties what is the error code/message ?
--
________
NIC

code 10 on generel. microsoft as provider. device instance ld, in details

"Savage" wrote:

> The device should be plug and play , in this case it doesn't like the drivers
> at all.
>
> Once you check the properties what is the error code/message ?
> --
> ________
> NIC
> ----------
> Savage
> ________

Savage

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004

Definitely a driver issue , sorry the only other thing I can think of is to
uninstall the drivers and let windows try and automatically install the
drivers , failing this , test the device on another machine.
--
________
NIC

"kelsey" wrote:

> code 10 on generel. microsoft as provider. device instance ld, in details
>
> "Savage" wrote:
>
> > The device should be plug and play , in this case it doesn't like the drivers
> > at all.
> >
> > Once you check the properties what is the error code/message ?
> > --
> > ________
> > NIC
> > Savage
> > ________

thank you for thee help, i will continue to try and resolve this problem