Windows NT 4.0. - Reinstall. What will I lose? Please help..

August 16, 2005 2:07:13 PM

Hello,

I am going to reinstall Windows NT 4.0. Sp6a which stopped working after
updating (some fixes from the Net). My question is: what will I lose? I
guess I will have to install serv pack 6 which is clear. But will I lose
any importnant information about software installed on the machine? Like
entries in Registry? Please advise what to do...

--
Regards,

Maciek

More about : windows reinstall lose

August 16, 2005 2:07:14 PM

Dancer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am going to reinstall Windows NT 4.0. Sp6a which stopped working
> after updating (some fixes from the Net). My question is: what will I
> lose? I guess I will have to install serv pack 6 which is clear. But
> will I lose any importnant information about software installed on the
> machine? Like entries in Registry? Please advise what to do...

You might want to post to a Windows NT newsgroup. This one is for XP.
Here is a list of all MS newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User