I figured out the problem. Well really the problem is the touch pad is a piece of... ehem.
Anyway dell basically threw together the thing but not with the right software. And the software was a good bit back, so after sifting threw some archives I found the old 08 drivers and installed em. However this still didn't make the disable device ungray itself, but it did bring up the mousepad tab to let me have free reign over tweaking it.
I was able to enact that the pad and buttons would no longer work as long as a usb mouse was present. And it works just fine now without the pad screwing everything up.