Unwanted Standby

I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on going
into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed all
the power settings to "Never" but its still
happening.
Martynz
3 answers Last reply
More about unwanted standby

    Hi,

    Check in the system BIOS, the power management options there may be set to
    standby after certain time period of inactivity.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Martynz" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on going
    > into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed
    > all the power settings to "Never" but its still
    > happening.
    > Martynz

    Mmmmm, how do I do that, safely?

    Martynz

    > Hi,
    >
    > Check in the system BIOS, the power management options there may be set to
    > standby after certain time period of inactivity.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Martynz" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on going
    >> into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed
    >> all the power settings to "Never" but its still
    >> happening.
    >> Martynz

    Hi,

    Access the BIOS or disable Power Management options? For the former, see:
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

    Once in the BIOS, look for and disable options to put the system in standby,
    then close saving changes (usually F10).

    --

    > Mmmmm, how do I do that, safely?
    >
    > Martynz

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Check in the system BIOS, the power management options there may be set
    >> to standby after certain time period of inactivity.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Martynz" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
    >>> I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on
    >>> going
    >>> into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed
    >>> all the power settings to "Never" but its still
    >>> happening.
    >>> Martynz

Microsoft Power Windows XP