Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unwanted Standby

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:30:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on going
into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed all
the power settings to "Never" but its still
happening.
Martynz

More about : unwanted standby

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:30:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

Check in the system BIOS, the power management options there may be set to
standby after certain time period of inactivity.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Martynz" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
news:o JHTTzjoFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on going
> into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed
> all the power settings to "Never" but its still
> happening.
> Martynz
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:22:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Mmmmm, how do I do that, safely?

Martynz

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o cnDIGloFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Check in the system BIOS, the power management options there may be set to
> standby after certain time period of inactivity.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Martynz" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> news:o JHTTzjoFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on going
>> into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed
>> all the power settings to "Never" but its still
>> happening.
>> Martynz
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:22:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi,

Access the BIOS or disable Power Management options? For the former, see:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

Once in the BIOS, look for and disable options to put the system in standby,
then close saving changes (usually F10).

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Martynz" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
news:%23zojWiqoFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Mmmmm, how do I do that, safely?
>
> Martynz
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o cnDIGloFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Check in the system BIOS, the power management options there may be set
>> to standby after certain time period of inactivity.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Martynz" <martynz@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
>> news:o JHTTzjoFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> I'm trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic but my laptop keeps on
>>> going
>>> into Standby. I'm running on mains power not batteries andI've changed
>>> all the power settings to "Never" but its still
>>> happening.
>>> Martynz
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!