Reza

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003

Dear All,
I am trying to format my IBM Thinkpad laptop, as its Windows XP has been on
it for over a year and now is malfunctioning. I have Windows ME installed on
D Drive and Windows XP installed on C Drive (to be able to boot on either, if
one failed). I put Windows ME Setup disc in the laptop and turn it on; a
message comes: "This is not a bootable disk".
My intention is to boot the laptop on the Windows ME Setup floppy disc, then
to erase the hard drive (both C & D) and install only Windows XP via its CD.
Can you please give advice?
Regards,
Reza

hi Reza
I presumed that you want to install both windows in your notebook and would
like to choose either to boot to
you will have to reformat both partitions, but instead of installing Me in
the D: drive, install it in the C: drive after that insert the XP disc into
the CD ROM just follow the instructions.
you need the XP disc to format. be sure to back up first.