Sign in with
Your question

Downgrade os

Last response: in Windows 7
October 26, 2012 3:19:58 AM

Hello, I currently have a counterfeit copy of windows 7 ultimate unintentionally installed on my laptop. I would like to install the original os, windows 7 home premium using my original recovery disks, but have not been able to do so.

More about : downgrade

a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2012 3:27:49 AM

How does a counterfiet copy of Windows get unintentionaly installed ? Do you have the original Windows install disc ? You have to have the install disc if Windows in order to install your original OS because you'll have to delete what you have now.
m
l
October 26, 2012 3:34:04 AM

inzone said:
Do you have the original Windows install disc ? You have to have the install disc if Windows in order to install your original OS because you'll have to delete what you have now.

I only have recovery discs that I created when I bought it. How do I delete what I have now?
m
l
Related resources
October 26, 2012 3:40:18 AM

You should have an option to format the drive during the install.

If not, you boot off of a CD and format it or you can remove the drive attach it to another machine and format it.

One way or another if you get it formatted you should be good to go.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2012 3:43:02 AM

On most laptops that don't come with a recovery disc the manufacturer makes a hidden partition on the hard drive that contains recovery software and a copy of the OS. You can also get in touch with the company that made the laptop and request a Windows disc.
m
l
!