Missing "tool-tip" info boxes in XP's Performance Options?

To get to XP Pro's Performance Options window I use:

I use Control Panel > Systems > Advanced > Performance Options

There I find there is no yellow tooltip popup help information when I
click the question mark in the top right of the window (next to the
big red X) and then click one of the entries such as "fade out menu
items after clicking".

Is this true for all XP systems? Or is mine missing?

BTW if I click the advanced to on the same window and then click the
question mark and then an item such as "system cache", I *do* get the
yellow popup tooltip info box.

Savage

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004

Hi John

Seems this is by design, tooltips can be activated on the main menu options
but none of the sub-settings have tooltips available.

You can either test the settings on and off to note the difference,
depending on your system you might note a drastic improvement in performance
with some of the settings.
--
________
NIC

On Tue 16 Aug 2005 12:34:02, =?Utf-8?B?U2F2YWdl?= wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Seems this is by design, tooltips can be activated on the main
> menu options but none of the sub-settings have tooltips
> available.

Phew! I thought I had screwed something up somewhere but if you get
the same result then maybe that is how that window was put together.