Hello,

I have uninstalled IE Secure Browser yesterday and today I have noticed that
I cannot open the internet shortcuts wich are in my desktop.
When I click the internet shortcuts (to be opened with Internet Explorer) I
receive the message "this file doesn´t have a program associated to it to to
this action. You have to create an association in the control panel - folder
options".
Note: 1) I don´t know how to do it.
2) My Internet Explorer is working perfectly (my problem is that I
can´t open the IE when I click the shortcuts.
I´m waiting for your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Click right on the shortcut, go to properties and click find target. Did you
try this?

Regards

"Alberto Alves" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have uninstalled IE Secure Browser yesterday and today I have noticed that
> I cannot open the internet shortcuts wich are in my desktop.
> When I click the internet shortcuts (to be opened with Internet Explorer) I
> receive the message "this file doesn´t have a program associated to it to to
> this action. You have to create an association in the control panel - folder
> options".
> Note: 1) I don´t know how to do it.
> 2) My Internet Explorer is working perfectly (my problem is that I
> can´t open the IE when I click the shortcuts.
> I´m waiting for your feedback.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello again,

When I right click the shortcuts (wich are in my desktop) I don´t have an
option "to find target".
I only have option to change the icon.
I think I should uninstall Internet Explorer and reinstall it but I´m afraid
I lost my CD with this software when I moved to my new home. I´m using
Windows XP and I have only found my Windows 98 CD.
I think I can solve this problem in the control panel but I´m not sure how
to do it.

Thanks in advance.