Cant run some programs

thegameon

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Hi everyone
so im having trouble with windows i donno what happened but i noticed that my steelseries engine wasnt working in the system tray and then i tried to run it but it didnt turn on nothing happens then i checked the task manager but it wasnt there either so it didnt run at all then i just tried to run game maker 8.1 it didnt run either so for i know 2 programs are not working. i believe the disk fan 4 screw it up after i deleted the duplicate programs and short cuts and i did a registry clean with it and i did ccleaner because i contacted steel series and their technician told me to but were still tryin to figure it out but i think its not a problem with the steel series cuz game maker is not working either and i bet some other wont either. so far i tried to uninstall and reinstalled clean the registry and tried to restore but the points are too recent to fix anything so i didnt do that i also made another account as administrator because i see this kind of problem and ppl made another accounts and it worked for them but it didnt work for me

please help and ask if u need extra info

i5-750 3.8ghz
1tb hdd
gtx 670
cm gx 750 psu
windows 7 pro 64b

Cleaning the registry is just about the last thing that I would have done because you don't know what's being changed and it doesn't takemuch to royaly mess your OS up. I would try a system restore to a point back to before you did the registry clean and hope that it works.

You mean mess it up more than it is already ?
Well first of all you need to repair the registry that got messed up and that's what the Windows repair does it repairs and reinstalls corrupt and messed up Windows files. It doesn't touch any of your programs and othr data that you have loaded.

thegameon

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
i just tried but theres no fixing option with disc either theres system restore and start up fixing options and system image and etc. i ran the system start up problem but it didnt fix anything the only programs that wont run are those 2 and it seems everything else is working i dont understande why those 2 plus i reinstalled and all that still not working, what could stop them from running ?

TRENDING THREADS