Tech: Kiss Playfield Lights

My Kiss machine playfield lights are not working. All insert, pop
bumper and special lights work but the lights that are supposed to be
constantly on(under the plastics, under the guides, general playfield
illumination) all do not work. I have checked every fuse and connector.
I am having trouble reading the schematic to determine if these lights
are served from the lighting control board or if they bypass this board
since they are on 100% of the time. It has got to be something simple!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

Most likely candidate is the headers on the power supply. These
headers and plugs both take a lot of heat and burn up. Consider
replacing all three headers and connectors (trifurcon contacts for the
plugs) It's the only way the power supply will be long term reliable.
They are not switched or controlled, they should come on with the main
power switch.

K2

Follow where the wires to to a board. Power to that board ? Power off that
board ? Try and narrow down where power stops then concentrate on that. LTG
:)

"Robblv" <robb@fea-world.com> wrote in message
> My Kiss machine playfield lights are not working. All insert, pop
> bumper and special lights work but the lights that are supposed to be
> constantly on(under the plastics, under the guides, general playfield
> illumination) all do not work. I have checked every fuse and connector.
> I am having trouble reading the schematic to determine if these lights
> are served from the lighting control board or if they bypass this board
> since they are on 100% of the time. It has got to be something simple!
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob

You might check the soldier tabs on the lamp sockets to see if one
didn't get bent over and short to ground. Most likely the header pins
need to be reflowed along with the connector rebuilt. While you have
it all apart I would consider new bridge rectifiers also, that'll
usually brighten/pep things up.

zTim

Okay sounds like you correctly identified your GI (General Illumination) as
being out.

Now: Do the GI lights in the Backbox behind the Back Glass that should be
always ON come on (any of them)?
If so you can rule out a fuse as all the GI is on fuse F5 a 20amp fuse. If
all are out then REMOVE fuse F5 and ohm the fuse.

If your problem GI is only on the playfield then try wigglingg J1 on the
transformer module. Still nothing.
Remove J1 (power should be turned off) and take a good look at pins 1,2,5,
and 9. both on the board and
in the shell connector. Look for flattened burnt and or broken pins in the
shell.

Also check on the transformer module TP4 to Gnd. If you have voltage 7v AC
roughly there then you need to check that it gets
to the J1 Pins it connects to. If no voltage at TP4; re-check fuse and
follow back to transformer lugs 11 and 18.
Measure across (power ON) lugs 11 and 18. you should see 7vac or so.
Certainly at least 6.3vac.

Good Luck and Regards,
Dallas...

--
Home Page: www.geocities.com/d_overturf
Replies regarding News Group messages to me may get a challenge verifier