PAPA Sneak Preview

Looks Amazing. I can't believe you've done all this in less than a
year! 6 more weeks and it can't come soon enough for me.

One question, last year I played a game there called Orbitor (I think)
for the first time that was very unique. Were you able to replace this
game? I told my brother about it and he's coming with me this year so
I'm hoping he'll get a chance to play it.

how did you save the tattoo assasins? i thought it was destroyed?

looks amazing, cant believe those are completely different games. must
have been a busy year!

phil

WOW! That gives new meaning to the phrase, COME TO PAPA!

You could play the ol' Bob Seger song. Damn, that tune will be stuck
in my head all day now...

Great job.

-Brannon

Great Job Kevin...
See ya soon!!!

Chet

"Kevin Martin" <sigma@pair.com> wrote in message
> The facility is shaping up nicely again. Lots of machines are
> ready to play - please ignore the dusty glass which is emphasized
> by the flash reflections in some pictures.
>
> http://www.papa.org/progress2005/07-01-05-small/index.html
>
> PAPA 8 World Pinball Championships
> August 11-14, 2005
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Martin
> sigma@pair.com

The pics looks great! neat to see a couple of old friends there ;-)
/Tim

lastheathen@gmail.com wrote:
> One question, last year I played a game there called Orbitor (I think)
> for the first time that was very unique. Were you able to replace this
> game? I told my brother about it and he's coming with me this year so
> I'm hoping he'll get a chance to play it.

Orbitor One. Yes, as it so happens, the replacement was donated
by TNT Amusements! You can see it waiting in the maintenance area
right now:

http://www.papa.org/progress2005/07-01-05-small/P1010158.JPG

Kevin

Zimmer wrote:
> how did you save the tattoo assasins? i thought it was destroyed?

It was saved, but the TA in the picture is a different one. By
some remarkable twist of fate, I now own two Tattoo Assassins.

> looks amazing, cant believe those are completely different games. must
> have been a busy year!

They are all different. A few restorations were attempted but
they mostly turned out like I would have expected - disappointing.

Kevin

Project Mayhem wrote:
> damn, nice! No blackwater 100 this year? :p

It is still in transit, actually. Same for Empire Strikes
Back and Escape from the Lost World. I'd estimate there
are about three dozen titles, mostly older EMs, which were
in the previous collection but not the new. Of course,
overall the new collection is much larger. 401 games.

Kevin

Kevin Martin wrote:
> mikep28@omuonline.net wrote:
> > Theres no Game Plan Cyclopes in that collection Kevin? :)
>
> Not yeeeeeeet.
>
> Kevin

I saw a Sharpshooter and Barracora. Let's get that Cyclopes goin!! A
Roger Sharpe classic division would be excellent. Maybe I could even
drag his butt out there to see it :)

-Josh Sharpe

mikep28@omuonline.net wrote:
> Theres no Game Plan Cyclopes in that collection Kevin? :)

Not yeeeeeeet.

Kevin

He already said..

It is still in transit, actually. Same for Empire Strikes
Back and Escape from the Lost World. I'd estimate there
are about three dozen titles, mostly older EMs, which were
in the previous collection but not the new. Of course,
overall the new collection is much larger. 401 games.

Kevin

cah

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2005

Kevin Martin wrote:
> The facility is shaping up nicely again. Lots of machines are
> ready to play - please ignore the dusty glass which is emphasized
> by the flash reflections in some pictures.
>
> http://www.papa.org/progress2005/07-01-05-small/index.html
>
> PAPA 8 World Pinball Championships
> August 11-14, 2005
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Martin
> sigma@pair.com

So, has anyone tried to magnify the picture of the games under the A
Division sign, to try to discern Kevin's game selection?

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

> So, has anyone tried to magnify the picture of the games under the A
> Division sign, to try to discern Kevin's game selection?

ID4, Kelly Packard, Junkyard, Totan, Safe Cracker, 007, Robocop... Or
maybe that was a bad dream I was having ;)

CAH wrote:
sigma@pair.com

> So, has anyone tried to magnify the picture of the games under the A
> Division sign, to try to discern Kevin's game selection?

Look at the first few pics--same games (BSD,WH2o, 2 TZ's, etc.)

i personally don't care which games there will be in A Division to play
on..
because i can handle All The Pinballmachines..in knowledge and tactics

and in my opinion, a true Pinball wizard knows them all and can play
them all superb..

@ Kevin M. 'pingod' :)

i must say after seeing the pics,. your collection is absolutly
brilliant,. it must cost a real fortune to maintain them and have them
all together... And i'm very pleased that i will be there too this
year.. along with 6 other dutch People.. most of them you will
recognize from last year :) except for Max. but that isn't a shame.
Not at all.

he almost flashed out our good reputation as a dutch pinballplayer..
that moron. i hope he will stay away.

i can't wait to play some mean pinball in your palace :)

i wish id have also that kind of pinball palace..
well i have it in my dreams ;) LOL

and another fact

i took the European Champion's Title in my own country.

And this year i will try once again to take the World Champion title..
i will do my best.

may the best player win the title.

and i hope it will be as nice as last year..which i guess it certainly
will do :)

i see you martin And all the Rest fellow pinheads at PAPA.

Counting down to the day allready :)

With my best Regards Roy Wils

A.K.A Tha Dutch *Tommy* CyBeRRoy

pinballholic@yahoo.com schreef:
> CAH wrote:
> sigma@pair.com
> >
> > So, has anyone tried to magnify the picture of the games under the A
> > Division sign, to try to discern Kevin's game selection?
>
> Look at the first few pics--same games (BSD,WH2o, 2 TZ's, etc.)

i personally don't care which games there will be in A Division to play
on..
because i can handle All The Pinballmachines..in knowledge and tactics

and in my opinion, a true Pinball wizard knows them all and can play
them all superb..

@ Kevin M. 'pingod' :)

i must say after seeing the pics,. your collection is absolutly
brilliant,. it must cost a real fortune to maintain them and have them
all together... And i'm very pleased that i will be there too this
year.. along with 6 other dutch People.. most of them you will
recognize from last year :) except for Max. but that isn't a shame.
Not at all.

he almost flashed out our good reputation as a dutch pinballplayer..
that moron. i hope he will stay away.

i can't wait to play some mean pinball in your palace :)

i wish id have also that kind of pinball palace..
well i have it in my dreams ;) LOL

and another fact

i took the European Champion's Title in my own country.

And this year i will try once again to take the World Champion title..
i will do my best.

may the best player win the title.

and i hope it will be as nice as last year..which i guess it certainly
will do :)

i see you martin And all the Rest fellow pinheads at PAPA.

Counting down to the day allready :)

With my best Regards Roy Wils

A.K.A Tha Dutch *Tommy* CyBeRRoy

pinballholic@yahoo.com schreef:
> CAH wrote:
> sigma@pair.com
> >
> > So, has anyone tried to magnify the picture of the games under the A
> > Division sign, to try to discern Kevin's game selection?
>
> Look at the first few pics--same games (BSD,WH2o, 2 TZ's, etc.)

This is very exciting. Lots of assorted pins, with a great selection of
rare EM's.
Of course, I will be there getting pics during the tournament and lots of
video.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com pinball show dvd's for sale

"Kevin Martin" <sigma@pair.com> wrote in message
> The facility is shaping up nicely again. Lots of machines are
> ready to play - please ignore the dusty glass which is emphasized
> by the flash reflections in some pictures.
>
> http://www.papa.org/progress2005/07-01-05-small/index.html
>
> PAPA 8 World Pinball Championships
> August 11-14, 2005
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Martin
> sigma@pair.com

About how many pins are there at this point?

CAH wrote:
> So, has anyone tried to magnify the picture of the games under the A
> Division sign, to try to discern Kevin's game selection?

The present location of the games is largely coincidental; we
can move them around oh-so-easily, and we certainly will :)

Kevin

Kevin Martin <sigma@pair.com> wrote in news:da525e11mqv@news4.newsguy.com:

> Zimmer wrote:
>> how did you save the tattoo assasins? i thought it was destroyed?
>
> It was saved, but the TA in the picture is a different one. By
> some remarkable twist of fate, I now own two Tattoo Assassins.

You have my deepest condolences. :)

>> looks amazing, cant believe those are completely different games. must
>> have been a busy year!
>
> They are all different. A few restorations were attempted but
> they mostly turned out like I would have expected - disappointing.

Hey Kevin, I know you probably couldn't pick the building up and move it
off the flood plain... But was there anything that could reasonably be
done to lessen the likelyhood of a repeat? Outside of insurance, of
course. :)

(Of course, how likely was it for a hurricane to hit in the first place...
I know, I know.)

TheKorn wrote:
>>It was saved, but the TA in the picture is a different one. By
>>some remarkable twist of fate, I now own two Tattoo Assassins.
>
> You have my deepest condolences. :)

Hey, if you want to feel bad for me, I had to program the damn
thing in the first place! How's that for suffering?

> Hey Kevin, I know you probably couldn't pick the building up and move it
> off the flood plain... But was there anything that could reasonably be
> done to lessen the likelyhood of a repeat? Outside of insurance, of
> course. :)
>
> (Of course, how likely was it for a hurricane to hit in the first place...
> I know, I know.)

Well, there is complete flood insurance in place, but in terms of
prevention rather than mitigation, the river has been thoroughly
dredged and cleared of debris and growth. It really looks like a
different river, and even in the heaviest rains, the water barely
rises 4 or 5 inches (flood stage is somewhere around 12-14 feet).

The culprit is just as much the week of solid rain as the continued
developments being built upstream, IMHO. There are two new projects
underway, so I'll be keeping an eye on the river flows to see if they
increase over the next few years.

Kevin