Music Issues..

RobertVA Wrote:
> Italia5239 wrote:-
> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
> speakers.
> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
> some
> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
>
> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
> play my sound/volume loudly?
>
> -
> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
> control?
>
> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
> video
> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System Properties|Hardware
> tab)?
>
> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
> manufacturer
> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
> the
> cause of your problem.

It's a Compaq, retail.
Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Italia5239/soundcard.jpg]

I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't know
the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.

--
Italia5239
1 answer Last reply

    Italia5239 wrote:
    > RobertVA Wrote:
    >> Italia5239 wrote:-
    >> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
    >> speakers.
    >> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
    >> some
    >> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
    >> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
    >>
    >> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
    >> play my sound/volume loudly?
    >>
    >> -
    >> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
    >> control?
    >>
    >> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
    >> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
    >> video
    >> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System
    >> Properties|Hardware tab)?
    >>
    >> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
    >> manufacturer
    >> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
    >> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
    >> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
    >> the
    >> cause of your problem.
    >

    > It's a Compaq, retail.
    > Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
    > [image:
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Italia5239/soundcard.jpg]
    >
    > I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
    > clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't
    > know the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.

    You have the sound muted.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt