Music Issues..

August 16, 2005 3:21:23 PM

RobertVA Wrote:
> Italia5239 wrote:-
> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
> speakers.
> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
> some
> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
>
> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
> play my sound/volume loudly?
>
> -
> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
> control?
>
> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
> video
> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System Properties|Hardware
> tab)?
>
> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
> manufacturer
> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
> the
> cause of your problem.

It's a Compaq, retail.
Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Italia5239/soundc...]

I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't know
the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.

--
Italia5239

More about : music issues

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:21:24 PM

Italia5239 wrote:
> RobertVA Wrote:
>> Italia5239 wrote:-
>> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL
>> speakers.
>> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in
>> some
>> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
>> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
>>
>> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
>> play my sound/volume loudly?
>>
>> -
>> Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer
>> control?
>>
>> Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or
>> sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound
>> video
>> and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System
>> Properties|Hardware tab)?
>>
>> Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the
>> manufacturer
>> or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
>> maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
>> first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify
>> the
>> cause of your problem.
>

> It's a Compaq, retail.
> Windowss onscreen mixer control, in the bottom right? Yes.
> [image:
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Italia5239/soundc...]
>
> I could do that, I had to return the tower I bought because the power
> clip popped off the inside, which I could have fixed, but I didn't
> know the problem..Trying to not have to do that again.

You have the sound muted.

--
Peace!
Kurt