Inspiron 1100 specs / details

I can't find on Dell's web site the details or specs to the Inspiron
1100. Can any one provide a "Dell" web site link?
thanks.

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

It wont be there as they dont make it anymore next one up is the 1150
however if you already own an 1100 you can put your TAG number in for the
spec of the machine as and when it left the factory
<Ken H.> wrote in message news:a96h311mhp34400o8tn9muk25ov231i7l4@4ax.com...
>I can't find on Dell's web site the details or specs to the Inspiron
> 1100. Can any one provide a "Dell" web site link?
> thanks.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:46:32 -0000, "Fixer"
<steve@kelly90.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:

>It wont be there as they dont make it anymore next one up is the 1150
>however if you already own an 1100 you can put your TAG number in for the
>spec of the machine as and when it left the factory

Thanks. I just want to know what options can be had should I upgrade
it (ie: max hd size, memory, etc... ).

BigJim

I own one and the only upgrade is to the ram memory and buy it from dell if
you want it to work. I did install a wireless pcmcia card and a firewire
card both work without any problems. You can upgrade the cpu if you know
what your doing, it requires a 400 mhz fsb type P4.

<Ken H.> wrote in message news:a96h311mhp34400o8tn9muk25ov231i7l4@4ax.com...
>I can't find on Dell's web site the details or specs to the Inspiron
> 1100. Can any one provide a "Dell" web site link?
> thanks.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins5100/?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cs=
or visit support.dell.com and enter your system tag number for all the
information and downloadable drivers for your system.

<Ken H.> wrote in message news:a96h311mhp34400o8tn9muk25ov231i7l4@4ax.com...
>I can't find on Dell's web site the details or specs to the Inspiron
> 1100. Can any one provide a "Dell" web site link?
> thanks.

David

"BigJIM" wrote:
>I own one and the only upgrade is to the ram memory and buy it from
dell if
>you want it to work.
I don't believe AT ALL that this is true.
PNY, Crucial, Kingston....most any brand will work
fine. If the Dell price is good then by all means order from
them. 256 notebook memory is regularly available for
US $29.00 after rebate and will work fine and make a BIG
difference.
Dave