Can i use a usb flash drive with my car stereo to hear music from my pc

Codyjarret

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
I have a usb mpe connection on my car stereo, can I copy music from my laptop onto my usb flash drive and play the music on my car stereo?

If I plug my MP3 player into the USB port on my car stereo, it takes over from the radio and plays audio. Unplug it and all i get is total silence and have to go hunting round the menus for the right Auxillary to select. Whether that works on a USB drive with audio stored I know not and it's too wet out to go and try it. :D I'll give it a go in the morning.

sierrareal1

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I have a usb mpe connection on my car stereo, can I copy music from my laptop onto my usb flash drive and play the music on my car stereo?

I have so many questions!

First: Why in the world would you post this to the "Site Feedback > Website Opinions" Forum? You're giving us newbies a bad name.

Hopefully either YOU can move this to a more appropriate location, or perhaps ask one of the Site Admin to do so, OR, perhaps they'll just do so when they find it here.

Second: Assuming that you are speaking of "music" saved to your USB Flashdrive as files (e.g. "track 1.mp3") unless your USB Flashdrive has a software player installed on it (it doesn't) or your car stereo has a software player emulation capability (it might), the answer is NO.

The "music" on your USB Flashdrive is saved as a digital file (1's and 0's) and without a "player" your car stereo has no idea what to do with those. Most car audio players with a USB port are for MP3 Players that have a USB connection. If you have a car stereo that you can "surf the web" with, or you can open "Word Documents" with it, then you MIGHT be able to play MP3 files on it too.

Moderator22

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I have so many questions!

First: Why in the world would you post this to the "Site Feedback > Website Opinions" Forum? You're giving us newbies a bad name.

Hopefully either YOU can move this to a more appropriate location, or perhaps ask one of the Site Admin to do so, OR, perhaps they'll just do so when they find it here.

Second: Assuming that you are speaking of "music" saved to your USB Flashdrive as files (e.g. "track 1.mp3") unless your USB Flashdrive has a software player installed on it (it doesn't) or your car stereo has a software player emulation capability (it might), the answer is NO.

The "music" on your USB Flashdrive is saved as a digital file (1's and 0's) and without a "player" your car stereo has no idea what to do with those. Most car audio players with a USB port are for MP3 Players that have a USB connection. If you have a car stereo that you can "surf the web" with, or you can open "Word Documents" with it, then you MIGHT be able to play MP3 files on it too.

Are you sure, or are you guessing?