mouse button no longer functioning

Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
this selecting "open".
I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
doesn't work.
Can anyone help?
Many Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about mouse button longer functioning

    If as you said you have tested with other mice , try plugging it into a
    different port.

    It is possible there may be a bad connection on the port itself.

    Or even a corrupt filter on the driver of that port.
    But check the physical stuff first.
    --
    ________
    NIC

    morningside wrote:
    > Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting
    > and opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using
    > this button this selecting "open".
    > I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but
    > still doesn't work.
    > Can anyone help?
    > Many Thanks.

    Are you serious?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Feed the mouse to the Cat and go out and get a new mouse.

    --
    Peter

    "morningside" <morningside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89C89B55-AF5D-4DFB-8CEB-8E611BA04C8A@microsoft.com...
    > Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
    > opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
    > this selecting "open".
    > I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
    > doesn't work.
    > Can anyone help?
    > Many Thanks.

    Sorry I did forget that before you do that go to Control Pane\Mouse \Properties and see the assignments to the keys. If still no joy do as I said before

    --
    Peter

    "morningside" <morningside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89C89B55-AF5D-4DFB-8CEB-8E611BA04C8A@microsoft.com...
    > Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
    > opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
    > this selecting "open".
    > I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
    > doesn't work.
    > Can anyone help?
    > Many Thanks.

    Have you tried another mouse to see if it reacts in the same way?

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "morningside" <morningside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
    > opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
    > this selecting "open".
    > I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
    > doesn't work.
    > Can anyone help?
    > Many Thanks.

    Would be interesting to hear how you uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse
    too ;-)

    Jon

    morningside wrote:
    > Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
    > opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
    > this selecting "open".
    > I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
    > doesn't work.
    > Can anyone help?
    > Many Thanks.

    For gosh sakes, just buy a new mouse. A basic one only costs around 6
    or 7 dollars.

Mice Microsoft Windows XP