morningside

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2005

Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
this selecting "open".
I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
doesn't work.
Can anyone help?
Many Thanks.

Savage

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2004

If as you said you have tested with other mice , try plugging it into a
different port.

It is possible there may be a bad connection on the port itself.

Or even a corrupt filter on the driver of that port.
But check the physical stuff first.
--
________
NIC

morningside wrote:
> Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting
> and opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using
> this button this selecting "open".
> I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but
> still doesn't work.
> Can anyone help?
> Many Thanks.

Are you serious?

--
Peace!
Kurt

Feed the mouse to the Cat and go out and get a new mouse.

--
Peter

"morningside" <morningside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89C89B55-AF5D-4DFB-8CEB-8E611BA04C8A@microsoft.com...
> Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
> opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
> this selecting "open".
> I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
> doesn't work.
> Can anyone help?
> Many Thanks.

Sorry I did forget that before you do that go to Control Pane\Mouse \Properties and see the assignments to the keys. If still no joy do as I said before

--
Peter

"morningside" <morningside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89C89B55-AF5D-4DFB-8CEB-8E611BA04C8A@microsoft.com...
> Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
> opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
> this selecting "open".
> I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
> doesn't work.
> Can anyone help?
> Many Thanks.

Have you tried another mouse to see if it reacts in the same way?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"morningside" <morningside@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
> opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
> this selecting "open".
> I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
> doesn't work.
> Can anyone help?
> Many Thanks.

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Would be interesting to hear how you uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse
too ;-)

Jon

morningside wrote:
> Recently I have noticed that my mouse button, left one for selecting and
> opening files no longer works. I can only open files by using this button
> this selecting "open".
> I have uninstalled the mouse and reinstalled it and tried others but still
> doesn't work.
> Can anyone help?
> Many Thanks.

For gosh sakes, just buy a new mouse. A basic one only costs around 6
or 7 dollars.