D800 fan not working?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Should the fan in my Latitude D800 run all the time, or does it depend
on the need for cooling? I can see that the blades aren't spinning,
but the computer never seems to get hot and it works perfectly.

Thanks very much.

it kicks in and out as required (well my M60s does)

you obviously aint working it hard enough.........give it a rolling task
perhaps a slideshow of high res pics set on fast refresh or something
similar

test the fan using the Dell Diagnostics utility.

Start your comp and press F12 at the Dell logo.

arrow down to Diagnostics..........one of the tests runs the fan.

dj