Sign in with
Your question

Why Game on an 11.6" Screen?

Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
February 3, 2010 2:02:52 AM

My eyes might be failing, and I might be growing older as I type this, but I bet even the young 'uns will have a hard time gaming at 1366 x 768 on the new M11x. And isn't the 335M a bit over-powered for that resolution? At least it can run Crysis I guess.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.asp...

In fact, why do people game on laptops in the first place? Nothing beats blasting enemies away on a a large 20-incher, all while your relatively cheap yet powerful gaming desktop is waking up neighbors with its supremely noisy cooling fans!

That is all. /rant

More about : game screen

February 3, 2010 2:08:29 AM

We may call that "small-time gaming". :p 

You may be able to game with that but the gaming experience would be limited to 11".
February 3, 2010 2:20:18 AM

well, its not bad if you are going to play on the go, plus its easier to haul a laptop around to a LAN

though personally i could never give up my 24" monitor now
Related resources
February 3, 2010 2:25:09 AM

Exactly. Once you've managed to game on a bigger monitor, you would surely feel miserable using this tiny one (11") for gaming. Unless of course, you value mobility that much.
a b D Laptop
February 3, 2010 1:35:23 PM

hmm...see thats what i find pitiful...i hate having to pick between portability and power! why not both...

even though the m11x isnt as fantastic as a thin, light, macbook pro, its a great alternative to paltry netbook performance.

its like a little console with a screen!
February 3, 2010 3:51:02 PM

Yeah I can't imagine ever playing a game like Crysis on something that small....

a b D Laptop
February 3, 2010 4:06:58 PM

Most gaming notebooks are at least 16" in size, if not much larger. Some people don't have the convenience of staying in one place, and require a notebook to game on.

As for gaming on an 11" screen, I don't understand it either. It always makes me laugh when people post on here asking for relevant notebooks, claiming to be gamers or graphics professionals, and then they ask for a tiny 11" or 13" screen. What kind of photoshopper wants something that small?
a b D Laptop
February 3, 2010 4:15:27 PM

Professionals that have an external monitor.
a b D Laptop
February 4, 2010 2:07:57 PM

Then what's the purpose of buying a notebook when they insist on work on the go?
!