Dredd Drop Target Decals-Treasure Cove

Has anyone out there bought a set of the drop target decals from TC for
Judge Dredd? I see they come in a pack of 2. If you have, and still
have a set left, drop me a line. Maybe I can buy the set you have left
from you. Seems that since there is just one DT bank, you only would
use one of the sets you get from TC

Thanks,

Mike

Scott

Mike, these decals are another must have for any dredd owner; You will
probably need both sets, just incase you make a mistake.

I messed up on one letter.

good luck

Scott
Detroit

No Dredd machine should not have these, I bought them, I used 1 set,
but I want to hang on to the other set, in case these wear out over
time. I would recommend them with no hesitation.

scott wrote:
> Mike, these decals are another must have for any dredd owner; You will
> probably need both sets, just incase you make a mistake.
>
> I messed up on one letter.
>
> good luck
>
> Scott
> Detroit

Cheesus, will somebody give this guy a CARGPB membership already. I
mean really these things run what, $10-$12?

Al
;-)

caligallagher@yahoo.com wrote:
> Has anyone out there bought a set of the drop target decals from TC for
> Judge Dredd? I see they come in a pack of 2. If you have, and still
> have a set left, drop me a line. Maybe I can buy the set you have left
> from you. Seems that since there is just one DT bank, you only would
> use one of the sets you get from TC
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

How do I get a CARGPB membership? I have been wanting one since I
joined the board. Who do I have to see?

Mike

I think it's an initation ceremony involving a cucumber, chocolate
syrup and Q tips.

Hey guys, I was nominated. Thats the rules. You have to be nominated.
Superpin Al nominated me.

(crosses fingers and waits on the ever mysterious email)

caligallagher@yahoo.com wrote:
> Cheap Ass Rec Game Pinballer

You forgot 'Bastard'!

Sorry about that....Cheap Ass Rec Game Pinballer Bastard :>)

Otto,

Looks great!!!! I have a little bubbling on the mylar right above the
mini flipper. I have not played the game enough to know. Does it
really get a lot of ball traffic in that area? Just wondering why the
mylar is there. I was thinking of using the freeze method and removing
the mylar. Your thoughts........

Mike

(No email yet but fingers still crossed)

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

I used them on mine:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=334&fileid=1458590&groupid=214007&folderid=193799&curRec=7&folderview=thumbs&ck=

Allen did a nice job on these.

I recommend having the spare set. They take a pretty bad beating.

Thanks to Allen for making these.

Otto

CARGPB11

"scott" <scott.ifkovits@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Mike, these decals are another must have for any dredd owner; You will
> probably need both sets, just incase you make a mistake.

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Mike,

That is a busy area. The balls can come off the upper left flipper with a
lot of speed and the upper right mini flipper can keep the ball in play in
that area quite a bit. The ball will tend to rattle around between the mini
flipper and the sniper tower and the ramp and the orbit.

It is not a real visible area so unless the bubbling is bothering you, might
as well leave it there unless you think it affects the gameplay.

If you do decide to remove it, keeping the playfield clean and waxed and
keeping clean, polished balls in the game should eliminate any risk of
damaging artwork---especially in a home environment.

In general, if you want to remove mylar to get to a uniform diamonplate
finish or if intending to clearcoat, by all mean use the freeze spray method
and goo gone. Personally, I think the diamondplate Pf looks better without
the mylar.

Otto

CARGPB11

<caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Otto,
>
> Looks great!!!! I have a little bubbling on the mylar right above the
> mini flipper. I have not played the game enough to know. Does it
> really get a lot of ball traffic in that area? Just wondering why the
> mylar is there. I was thinking of using the freeze method and removing
> the mylar. Your thoughts........
>
> Mike

Maybe I dont understand the DP theory then. I thought it was susposed
to be strong enough to protect the pf from wear. The game will,
atleast for as long as I own it (which will be be for many years) be
low play since I am the only one in the house that plays pinball. I
have zero wear on the pf so I am thinking it wont wear out if I keep
the balls fresh and the pf waxed. Am I wrong on the DP?

Mike

Ok. Then I will just remove it. I think it will make the game look
better since there will be no "bubbles"under the mylar when I am done.
Thanks Otto.

Mike

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

No.

This of course assumes that the Pf and Dp is in good condition.

Previous/current wear due to pitted, rusty balls or lifting inserts will
override the protection of Dp.

> Am I wrong on the DP?

The only real question is why did WMS ship Dredd without something
covering those drop targets?

As great as their machines can be, WMS sure as heck left a lot of stuff
on the cutting room floors

gary

Hi Scott,

I pulled up the mylar this morning. I used the freeze spray method.
It had worked so well on my Grand Lizard about a week ago. I thought
why not... Well it came off with with zero paint loss. I used Goo
Gone and a VERY soft bristled tooth brush and the glue came right up
after I let it soak for about 5-10 minutes. Probably closer to 5, I am
impatient on a lot of things :>)

On the down side, I got the game on what I think was the inexpensive
side due to a few issues with it. 2 of the major ones were a weak
display and the DW gears needing rewelded. I have since fixed all the
issues (I think) except for the DW. Once I get it rewelded, I plan on
atleast checking out what needs done to do the DW mod. It seemd
interesting so I probably will give it a shot since my game is a
prototype anyway. What the heck. One other thing I would like to do
is get the designer to sign the backglass some day.