Dimension 8300 and Acronis True Image

Anyone here with a Dimension 8300 who has also restored an image via
Acronis True Image 7 or 8?

If so, did you encounter any problems?

Thanks,
Harvey

Did it with an 8400.

"Harvey Gratt" <hgratt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone here with a Dimension 8300 who has also restored an image via
> Acronis True Image 7 or 8?
>
> If so, did you encounter any problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Harvey

Works fine with a 4500. The model number is of no consequence. A hard disk
is a hard disk, as long as you've formatted it with a supported file system.

Ted Zieglar

"Harvey Gratt" <hgratt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone here with a Dimension 8300 who has also restored an image via
> Acronis True Image 7 or 8?
>
> If so, did you encounter any problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Harvey

That's what I'm trying to ascertain. The following is a post I made to
the Acronis forum concerning a post on dslreports.com. It details the
problems that a person (who said they were an Acronis reseller) had with
an Dim 8300 system. I've had a minimal response.

The post is as follows:

> A thread over on dslreports.com implied a systematic problem with the Dell Dimension (8300 in particular) and True Image with respect to ACPI. The implication was that, even though a successful, uncorrupted image could be made and verified, the restore was very problematical. This was true even if one "checked" the image up to the point of "committing" and then stopping.
>
> In my case. I have made full disk images on my Dim 8300 and then booted from the ATI recovery disk, selected the Restore function and proceeded all the way to the point of actually doing the restore - all without a problem. Supposedly, if one did the restore a problem would ocurr. The problem was "fixable" by the "standard" fix involving "apic", etc. I also have searced this board and only found isolated incidents, not limited to Dell.
>
> Could some Dell owners (especially Dim 8300) comment on their experiences?

Thanks,
Harvey