Problem with Windows Media Player 10 -- Help?

Hello ...

I wondered if someone here could advise me about this.

I am trying to download and view a video clip.

When I click on the link to the clip, the download process starts fine
-- just as it usually does for audio or video.

However, after it downloads about 10 percent, it gives the indication
that it has finished the download.

Then when I play the video clip, it only plays the very beginning of
the clip, and then gives me an error message.

I am using dial-up Internet service and Windows XP.

This is the error message that I get:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error
occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are
connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

I have tried following the instructions given when I click on the
"Information" button of the error message, but the same thing continues
to happen.

When I right-click on the video link -- for Properties -- this is the
information:

Protocol: HyperText Transfer Protocol

Type: Windows Media Audio/Video file

Address (URL):
http://www.djdchronology5.com/media%20files/alnmbravo1995.WMV

I've also tried to save it to my computer and then play it, but the
same thing happens.

When I start the save process, the information says that the file is
12.8 MB.

I'd love to be able to view this clip. Does anyone have any
suggestions on something else that I might try to download and view it?

Many thanks for any information!

Linda W.

Try deleting your temp files in IE, Tools, Internet Options, Temporary
Internet Files. Try downloading and playing the file again. Since your
on a dial-up connection, you won't be happy trying to run this video in
real time.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Well, I tried this, and I still can't download more than 10 percent of
the video before it gives me the error message.

I wonder what the problem is?

At any rate, thank you for the suggestion. :)

Linda W.