Backup ran during Restore

August 16, 2005 10:25:03 AM

I run a normal backup of all file each week to a external hard drive. The
hard drive of the data I backup crashed and a new hard drive was installed.
During the restore of the files to the new drive, however, the regularly
scheduled backup began overtop of the restore process, and before the restore
could complete overwrote the backup I was restoring with no files at all. Is
there a temporary place that Windows XP backup utility may have saved the
previous backup and is it normal (intended??) for these two operations to run
simultaneously?
--
Lori

More about : backup ran restore

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 9:48:52 PM

I hate to say it, but I think you lost it, :(
My best guess would be that a data recovery program or service is your best
hope for restoring your files.

--
A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
!