My laptop is black screen when i turn it on

Hello,
What is up with my laptop.... When I turn it on,it shows a black screen in the log-in page.. And even, the start up repair or the system restore dont help me get out of it... Can I b able to fix it widout formatting ???
6 answers Last reply
More about laptop black screen turn
  1. Possibly, but you'll need a Windows Installation disk or a Windows Repair disk
  2. After typing in your password, the screen says "Welcome" before taking you to the desktop, but before your desktop appears, does the screen stay black and blank for a while with only your mouse cursor visible? If so, I've had that problem too. It is possibly caused by corrupted system files. Can only be fixed by reformatting, I'm afraid. Or else, you just have to be patient for it.
  3. my Hp G61 Laptop stays with black Screen at all times but it does power on and I need this fixed any idea what it is Please Help I need for my School Classes
  4. cwalker1977 said:
    my Hp G61 Laptop stays with black Screen at all times but it does power on and I need this fixed any idea what it is Please Help I need for my School Classes

    Almost certainly GPU overheated on Motherboard. Chinese replacement £40, but doubtful it will arrive before Xmas. Could repair for £75 which inclues Postage both ways. Message me if interested.
  5. dodger46 said:
    cwalker1977 said:
    my Hp G61 Laptop stays with black Screen at all times but it does power on and I need this fixed any idea what it is Please Help I need for my School Classes

    Almost certainly GPU overheated on Motherboard. Chinese replacement £40, but doubtful it will arrive before Xmas. Could repair for £75 which inclues Postage both ways. Message me if interested.

    How do I get the CPU and do I have to have it soldered in or does it plugin Please let me know I need to get it Fixed so I can get my classes done
  6. cwalker1977 said:
    dodger46 said:
    cwalker1977 said:
    my Hp G61 Laptop stays with black Screen at all times but it does power on and I need this fixed any idea what it is Please Help I need for my School Classes

    Almost certainly GPU overheated on Motherboard. Chinese replacement £40, but doubtful it will arrive before Xmas. Could repair for £75 which inclues Postage both ways. Message me if interested.

    How do I get the CPU and do I have to have it soldered in or does it plugin Please let me know I need to get it Fixed so I can get my classes done

    GPU is soldered on to Motherboard and is impossible to replace without very expensive equipent, thus best to replace the Motherboard....
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Laptops Login System Restore Windows 7