Reinstalling the right copy of XPPro?

August 16, 2005 6:29:05 PM

I have 4 copies of XPPro and want to install clean to new drives on 2
machines. How do I confirm which copy belongs to which machine - how can I
check the product key for XP on each machine?

Thanks
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 6:29:06 PM

Use one of the Registry Key decryption tools such as Everest
Home edition on your existing XP setup. It will return the Key
used.

Latest version of Everest:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang...

There are other applications specifically design to display the
Product Key, such as KeyFinder which you can find with a
Google search.

"Peter G" <peter@ducknospam.com> wrote in message
>I have 4 copies of XPPro and want to install clean to new drives on 2
>machines. How do I confirm which copy belongs to which machine - how can I
>check the product key for XP on each machine?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 8:43:45 PM

Keyfinder (top search on Google) was perfect - thank you

!