Sounds keeps cutting out on Vengeance 1500 Headset

Lord_Seacow

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Hopefully not the wrong category, but there was nothing related to headsets, so I made a best guess. I got a Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset a while back, and have been having issues with them ever since. The first headset was RMA'd, and then the second was as well due to an issue where randomly the sound would just cut out. The headsets were still on (the mic loopback system would work), and even recognized as being plugged in by Windows, but I could hear absolutely nothing from my computer. The only temporary fix thus far is to unplug the headset, then plug it back in. After contacting Corsair again, they just had me RMA the headset again without any sort of explanation. After less than a day of use, the same issue has just occurred. Now either I am just unlucky as all hell and this headset is somehow broken too, or the issue is related to my system.

I have no idea what the problem is, and have yet to find anything helpful online. I've tried reinstalling drivers and switching USB ports, but to no avail. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated, this issue has been on going for multiple months now and I really just want to resolve whatever the problem is. If I can provide any info please let me know!

It is kind of unusual for it to do that and I was at one time going to buy that very same headset and didn't but for some reason can no longer find it for sale so maybe there is a design flaw and they pulled the model and replaced it with a wireless model.
If you look in your sound properties does it recognize that the headphones are connected and that you can change the settings on it ? Is there a way o test them on another computer , maybe a freind ?

Lord_Seacow

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

The model has not been pulled, it is still for sale on Amazon.

Yes, it still recognizes the headset as being plugged in. If I go to its properties under the Device Manager, it says the device is still working. However, when in the playback devices window, it doesn't show any audio levels. If I test the device though, it does show that sound playing (even though no sound makes it through). Even more odd, is the mic loopback (where it plays audio from the mic back through the headset) will keep working when this happens. Even when I have the loopback turned off in the headset's control panel. I also cannot mute the headset, either with the headset control panel or the taskbar sound, the button clicks but just stays un-muted.

The weirdest part about the loopback right now is that it will not work normally. Regardless of how I set it.

It is an incredibly strange set of symptoms, that I have not been able to figure out at all, and they have occasionally changed as I reinstall drivers :/ At this point requesting a refund or something seems like my only recourse if nobody on here has any more thoughts. Don't know why, but this headset just refuses to play nice with my computer.

Captain Rich

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

I'm having exactly the same problem - did u ever get it resolved?

Cheers

Eye Morpork