TECH: HSII, why so many Micro Switches???

Hi,

Just going through a Manual for HSII, and I am just wondering why are
there so many Micro Switches to the back of this machine, both Left and
Right Freeway Loops have 2 per them (Top & Bottom), and the Speed Millions
Loop has 3 in it, anyone know why this is.

The reason I want to know is my Bottom Freeway one on the Left Side is
gone because of damage but will the game still play fine with only the Top
one in till I can replace the Bottom one.

Thanks,

Kevin

Off the top of my head I can think of a few reasons. First off, the ball
does travel at higher speeds when loops become consistent and the ball will
produce lift. More switches ensures the game knows what's going on. Say a
switch fails. Also, to detect the direction. I know one of the right freeway
switches is responsible for the ramp lifting whereas the other is not.
Million loop, theres even more speed, cool sounds too.....

--Eric