Is it possible to set a password on Internet Explorer to avoid people from
opening it without this password?
regards
reidarT

I don't know of a password for the application itself, however content
advisor can help in controlling what content is viewable.

HOW TO: Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access to Web
Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

Hope that helps!

"ReidarT" wrote:

> Is it possible to set a password on Internet Explorer to avoid people from
> opening it without this password?
> regards
> reidarT

I don't think that you can do this within XP (but could be wrong), but there
are tools on the internet that will allow you to password protect executable
files (such as iexplore.exe). Here's a google search that shows some of
them:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=password+executable+files&btnG=Search
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate any freeware that will do the
same. This site claims that this program is freeware:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Misc__Utilities/nBinder.html