Finally found out why Dell won't replace my MCE2005 disc..

Hi,

I wanted to update my info about trying to get a replacement for my Dutch
Dell branded MCE2005 disc, since i called Dell again today.
After been connected many times with diferent support personel, finally got
some confirmation:
The software return period (still not sure if it's 21 or 30 days) is the
reason i don't get a replacement.
Besides that, they removed MCE2005 from the software list, because they only
got a few orders and most people only want XP Home or Pro.

So, i guess this means i can forget any help from Dell.. I also mailed
Michael Dell himself, but i think even he can't help me if they dropped
support for MCE2005 in the Netherlands..
This seems to me like a total lack of service and support, even if i'm
willing to pay big bucks Dell can't help me.. I thought they should at least
have a few copies of MCE2005 (Dutch) in the factory.
However, i don't see any chance to get a copy from Dell anymore..

So, unless someone was lucky enough to get a Dutch Dell copy of Windows XP
Media Center Edition 2005 disc, and is willing to upload or mail it by
regular mail.. I can just use any Dell copy of MCE2005.. Does not matter if
it's UK, US or any other language..

Uploading the full copy would be best, but if that's too much too ask, about
12mb of needed files would convert any regular OEM copy to a Dell copy..
Only thing is, i don't know the precise directory structure and label
(discname) anymore.. Somene could help me out? Anything i missed?
I tried cleaning the Dell dvd again, tried to polish it, but it was a bit
too much i guess.. Now i only get a "no disc" message after a few minutes..
But, since i never written down the directory structure or label/name of the
disc, i just have no idea what is on the Dell disc that's not on the regular
OEM?
I did not do a side by side comparison, but the 2cd's of the regular OEM are
800mb together, the Dell disc was larger if i remember correctly..
So, if someone could list the cdlabel and directory structure that would be
great..

To upload the full disc or the 12mb of needed files -specified below- (and
maybe the content i'm missing), you can use any binaries newsgroup or my
XDrive account:
http://plus.xdrive.com/u/112739331/716516443y8eBnVQtnLQ3YWUu5Ek
User: altosaxo@hetnet.nl
Pass: upload

So, maybe someone here could help me out. I'm willing to pay a small fee for
the upload if wanted..

Thanks in advance,

Allegro.

My Dell copy (now it's in much worser shape)
http://img87.exs.cx/img87/1228/dutchdellmce1bg.jpg

The files i need from the Dell labeled MCE2005 cd:

-------- The needed files ---------
In folder \I386:
DPCDLL.DL_
EULA.TXT
NT5INF.CA_
OEMBIOS.BI_
OEMBIOS.CA_
OEMBIOS.DA_
OEMBIOS.SI_
PIDGEN.DLL
SETUPP.INI
SETUPREG.HIV
UNATTEND.TXT
WINNT.SIF

In folder I386\WIN9XUPG:
WIN95UPG.INF

Then you could archive it with Winzip or WinRar.

You could create a batchfile that copies the needed files, from in my case
the G: drive (cd-rom) to the folder C:\XPbios.

Copy and paste this to a new txtfile (notepad) :

@ECHO OFF
:START
MKDIR C:\XPbios
MKDIR C:\XPbios\WIN9XUPG
COPY G:\I386\DPCDLL.DL_ "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\EULA.TXT "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\NT5INF.CA_ "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\OEMBIOS.BI_ "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\OEMBIOS.CA_ "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\OEMBIOS.DA_ "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\OEMBIOS.SI_ "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\PIDGEN.DLL "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\SETUPP.INI "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\SETUPREG.HIV "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\WIN9XUPG\WIN95UPG.INF "C:\XPbios\WIN9XUPG\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\UNATTEND.TXT "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V
COPY G:\I386\WINNT.SIF "C:\XPbios\" /Y /V

Save as for instance XPbios.bat -you may have to edit location of cd and
folder-, then save it and double cick it..

On C:\ there is a new folder created called XPbios with the needed files,
you can now use WinZip or WinRar and upload it to
http://plus.xdrive.com/u/112739331/716516443y8eBnVQtnLQ3YWUu5Ek

Hi,

I still hope someone who actually has the Dell branded Media Center Edition
2005, would react.
It looked promising, someone on a Dutch group posted some Dell files, but
they seemed to be from an older Dell MCE, 2002 or 2004.. Didn't work,
offcourse..

So, i still could use a copy of the whole disc or just those 12mb of files..

Thanks,

Allegro.