The THG sponsored MML2 with AMD, ASUS, & ATI

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
So what system are you bring with you to Lousivilee Kentucky?

What? You don't know about Million Man LAN 2 sponsored by THG, AMD, ASUS, and ATI?

See this release from David Stellmack...

<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/technews/20030514_141542.html" target="_new">
E3 is here, and the gaming season frenzy starts its build-up to the launch of major titles throughout the late summer to the end of the year. Well, we like that gaming stuff as much as anyone else. It keeps us sane, would you believe. Hence, Tom's Hardware Guide is pround to announce its partnership with Lanwar on the Million Man Lan 2, taking place June 26-29, 2003 in Louisville, Kentucky. Nearly 800 people have pre-registered for this event already, and we are looking to get as many more of you there as we can. It promises to be a great event with participation from major hardware companies, and our very own THG editors.

So go to Lanwar, and sign up to join us for this event. It's going to be a lot of fun.

In addition, this year, MML 2 tournaments will be played in the New Official Tournament Gaming Arena. You will be playing on 22 high-end gaming machines provided by AMD, ASUS, and ATI. Running on its own isolated network, these machines pack AMD AthlonTM XP 2600+ processors, the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboards and ATI Radeon 9700 Pro graphic cards. In addition to the Game Arena, the main floor will have 20 game servers to host a large variety of games for free play by everyone in the hall.

Here are some comments from other sponsors:

AMD "Gaming continues to be one of the most performance-demanding categories in desktop PCs," said Tim Wright, director, Desktop Business Segment, AMD. "Games and game developers have had a strong influence on many of the performance innovations we have brought to our high-performance processors. AMD will continue this tradition by delivering the upcoming AMD64 technology in desktop PCs, which will allow gamers to push the limits of gaming software even farther. Providing powerful AMD AthlonTM XP and MP processors for the MillionManLan convention enables AMD to stay connected with our gaming fans and we look forward to a spirited event."

ASUS "ASUS is extremely proud to be the official motherboard sponsor for the Official MillionManLan/Lanwar Official Game Tournament and Game Server machines," said Raymond Chen, VP of Sales and Marketing at ASUS. "Tournament gaming requires blistering performance and rock-solid reliability - qualities that ASUS motherboards are known for." "For these events, we provided the best AMD Athlon motherboard in our arsenal, the A7N8X Deluxe, the "Best Overall Motherboard" that we enhanced with support for 400MHz front side bus, dual channel PC3200 memory, AGP 8x, Serial ATA, RAID, IEEE 1394 Firewire, dual LAN ports, and 3D positional audio. This motherboard is ideal for Lanwar and MillionManLan's gaming elite. We look forward to meeting you all there."

ATI will also be there showing off the RADEONTM 9700 PRO, and its commitment to taking the "PC entertainment experience to a totally new level."

We'll keep you posted regularly on what is going on at MML2 so, keep an eye out for future announcements.
</A>

So who's going and what are you bringing with you?

See my sig for more details...

<A HREF="http://www.millionmanlan.com/MMLDefault.asp" target="_new">Million Man LAN 2 is June 25-29, 2003 in Louisville Kentucky... Be there!</A>

RCPilot

Champion
Do you have to come & game, or can you come & socialize & meet the other THG people that attend? I'd love to meet some of the people I read around here. I've never attended a LAN so it would be my first experience. I know that I wouldn't be competitive. I can't match the eye hand coordination of the "Nintendo Generation".

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
You don't have to be the best gamer in the world. There are going to be official tournements on 22 specialized machines provided by AMD, ATI, and ASUS.

There will be plenty of other gaming outside of the official tourneys.

Just bring your machine and have fun. I'll be doing a good deal of that. I am going down there with a friend of mine. We don't get to game much so this will be a nice mini vacation.

<A HREF="http://www.millionmanlan.com/MMLDefault.asp" target="_new">Million Man LAN 2 is June 25-29, 2003 in Louisville Kentucky... Be there!</A>

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
How do you guys like the new THG MML2 banner ad?

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
Three... Two... One....

<b>BUMP!</b>

<A HREF="http://www.millionmanlan.com/MMLDefault.asp" target="_new">Gaming the THG way... THG sponsors the MML2: June 25-29, 2003 in Louisville Kentucky... Be there!</A>