taskbar buttons "disappeared"

August 16, 2005 11:13:29 AM

Silly question, but..
Normally active elements should be reduced to taskbar buttons when
minimized; which does not happen anymore with my computer. Thus, I have to
switch between my documents using alt+tab. How to get my taskbar buttons
back??
I will be sincerely grateful if anyone could help.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:55:48 PM

Ksenia wrote:
> Silly question, but..
> Normally active elements should be reduced to taskbar buttons when
> minimized; which does not happen anymore with my computer. Thus, I
> have to switch between my documents using alt+tab. How to get my
> taskbar buttons back??
> I will be sincerely grateful if anyone could help.

Go to the following website.

Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP:

Scroll down to: Line 240 - Programs aren't minimized in the Taskbar. Click that line to download the vbs file to your computer. Double click the file to repair the Taskbar.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/