taskbar buttons "disappeared"

Silly question, but..
Normally active elements should be reduced to taskbar buttons when
minimized; which does not happen anymore with my computer. Thus, I have to
switch between my documents using alt+tab. How to get my taskbar buttons
back??
I will be sincerely grateful if anyone could help.
1 answer Last reply
More about taskbar buttons disappeared

    Ksenia wrote:
    > Silly question, but..
    > Normally active elements should be reduced to taskbar buttons when
    > minimized; which does not happen anymore with my computer. Thus, I
    > have to switch between my documents using alt+tab. How to get my
    > taskbar buttons back??
    > I will be sincerely grateful if anyone could help.

    Go to the following website.

    Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP:

    Scroll down to: Line 240 - Programs aren't minimized in the Taskbar. Click that line to download the vbs file to your computer. Double click the file to repair the Taskbar.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Taskbar My Documents Microsoft Windows XP