HP 4100 printer IP address question

bryce

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001

How can I change the ip address on this 4100 printer?

Anyone have any ideas on what type of forum I could go to to find out?
HP.com isn't helping at all.

Thanks for any info.

Bryce.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:53:53 -0800, Bryce <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> How can I change the ip address on this 4100 printer?
>
> Anyone have any ideas on what type of forum I could go to to find out?
> HP.com isn't helping at all.

If you do not know what IP it has now, print out its config. Manually set
a PC to another IP in same network. Access its web config to change it.

I did that (except using telnet, since no web interface) for old JetDirect
EX Plus that had been accidently set to 192.186.*.* static IP (instead of
192.168.*.*).

Otherwise if you have a suitable OS, webjetadmin software (or whatever
current name) downloaded from hp.com, should be able to search for and
find it to change it.

Bryce <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> How can I change the ip address on this 4100 printer?

One way:

Print an "information" page from the menus. It will have the current
address on it.

Use your web browser to go to that address.

Find the network config page, enter the IP address you'd like it to
have. Save settings.

You may have to reset the printer to get it to use the new address.

Latest posts