I am the king of choking at the gates of Valinor

Last response: in Video Games
July 1, 2005 10:19:22 PM

Missed by two stinking shots yet again ring-ring. I think that makes 4
times in the last month I've been within 3 shots.

Pardon me while I go stick my head in the oven.

h_h
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:23:17 PM

One of these days one of us is going to make it. Then we'll see who's
left on the throne!

Fist-o-save. I like that visual. Might involve a little too much
cleaning up little cubes of glass, but I can definetly see the
attraction.

Have a happy weekend. 4th of July here in the states. Guess I'll have
to save my Valinor fireworks for later in the month -- I hope.

h_h
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:24:54 PM

I just met the same fate today. It was my first time beating all 3
MBs, had all the elf gifts, played TABA, hit the DTR ring, made all 4
shots, exit stage left. I did have an EB in the bank, but my attention
span was shot. I couldn't even try to start all 3 again.
July 1, 2005 11:41:59 PM

It's gotten so bad that I started TABA on my game tonight, caught the
ball and timed out the entire 60 seconds. I used to play that mode
every time I got it, but in my quest to reach Valinor, I've thrust
aside all things unnecessary. It isn't worth the risk of losing a
precious ball.

My scores used to be 400M+ when I got close. Now they are 200M (though
I'm getting setup for the third DTR for entry, where it used to be the
fourth DTR, hopefully soon it will be the second).

h_h
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:01:40 AM

I just met the same fate today. It was my first time beating all 3
MBs, had all the elf gifts, played TABA, hit the DTR ring, made all 4
shots, exit stage left. I did have an EB in the bank, but my attention
span was shot. I couldn't even try to start all 3 again.
July 2, 2005 1:45:12 AM

>>I feel great. I hardly even get close to destroying the ring twice, let
alone more than 3 Gifts from the Elf's. I have yet to get remotely
close to
where you people want to beat yourself up........ >>

I am in the same boat. Destroyed the ring once maybe a few dozen
times. Valinor? Ask me in another year. Or two. I don't even
remember how to do it though it was explained to me once. If somebody
wants an easy game don't buy this one ; )
I will say I am finding this game to be just a generally addictive
pursuit, the shots and setups and flow and multiballs and drain rates
are all super-satisfying in that special way some games are to me.
Left the game relatively dormant for about a month while I played other
machines in my collection after I got REAL pissed at it with the
glitchy flipper problems. After it was finally resolved with replacing
the flipper switch point on the left side now the flippers are flawless
and I can't stop playing the freakin' thing and it's the other games
that are being ignored! Dialing in the ring ramp a little more helped
a lot too....Frenchy
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:01:38 AM

I feel great. I hardly even get close to destroying the ring twice, let
alone more than 3 Gifts from the Elf's. I have yet to get remotely close to
where you people want to beat yourself up........

:)

--Eric
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:18:35 AM

How about Val-IGNORE :-)

Keep at it guys!!

Jeff
July 2, 2005 3:35:53 AM

Then I suggest finding an Apollo 13 pin, trollmaster. Not to play
it... just empty out the trough and shove all 13 balls up your patoot,
then see if you have enough control to release them one at a time.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 9:23:33 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!
July 2, 2005 9:48:06 AM

In article <1120272118.951616.125570@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"heckheck" <jsurf@heckheck.com> wrote:

> It's gotten so bad that I started TABA on my game tonight, caught the
> ball and timed out the entire 60 seconds. I used to play that mode
> every time I got it, but in my quest to reach Valinor, I've thrust
> aside all things unnecessary. It isn't worth the risk of losing a
> precious ball.
>
> My scores used to be 400M+ when I got close. Now they are 200M (though
> I'm getting setup for the third DTR for entry, where it used to be the
> fourth DTR, hopefully soon it will be the second).
>
> h_h

I'm now pretty consistently going for second DTR. ROTK is skill killing
me most games, but then I would assume it would be a very special player
who could pull off Valinor at will.

Geeezz! And I thought LITZ was tough!

Cheers
MacMan