I attempted to replace some VBA reference files on a client's computer with
files from my own. On three of these files, after I had renamed the
original file on the clients computer, then tried to paste the replacement
file in, I got a message that said the file already exists...did I want to
replace it. I cancelled and checked, and sure enough, there was the file I
had renamed and a file with the original name (and same properties).

Is this normal behaviour?

Dave

"Dave Dawson" <selfgov2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I attempted to replace some VBA reference files on a client's computer
> with files from my own. On three of these files, after I had renamed
> the original file on the clients computer, then tried to paste the
> replacement file in, I got a message that said the file already
> exists...did I want to replace it. I cancelled and checked, and sure
> enough, there was the file I had renamed and a file with the original
> name (and same properties).
>
> Is this normal behaviour?

See if this article applies:
"Description of the Windows File Protection Feature"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=222193

--
d-d

"Dave Dawson" <selfgov2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is this normal behaviour?

BTW, you're posting from the future. Please check your system clock
and time zone settings.

--
d-d