Why would someone do this?

So it's July 1, and I decide to head on over to Gameroom Magazine's
website to see what's on the cover and contained within the new issue,
as well as to look at the current gameroom of the month pictures.

Now, I can understand someone wanting to create a theme for their game
room, being proud of their accomplishment in that theme, and wanting to
show that off, somewhat. Still, though, to my way of thinking, the
whole idea of taking pictures of one's game room is to show off the
*games* in said game room.

There are nine, count 'em, *9* pictures of this guy's game
room/barn/bunker, and while it appears that he probably has a pretty
good collection of videos and pins, every one of the pictures
concentrates on the "bunker" aspect of the game room, rather than the
actual games themselves. So, after nine pages of pictures (for a total
of 18 pics), you're still left wondering what 25-50% of the machines
actually *are*. I recognize most if not all of the pins, but the one
in position #4, which I believe to be CFTBL, just isn't in focus enough
for me to tell. The guy sitting with the pith helmet on? In focus.
The video games are *far* harder to see, altogether.

I mean, hey buddy! Congrats! You've found some sand bags, a table
with chairs, and a (I'm guessing here) topographical map! They
photograph *great*! Now, how 'bout the *games*?

Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?

Aron

Nomad

Damn that's actually a pretty kick ass gameroom! I think the bunker
motiff works much better with pins than vids though. I know my son
would have a blast in that place, it's a very unique theme.

As far as the game pics, yeah it would have been nice to actually see
the games. Not sure if that's the owner taking the pics or just what
Tim decided to use. He does need more pins though:)

BTW, it doesn't appear to me that any of the guys are wearing pith
helmets, they look like old Army issue helmets.

nomad

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

The title of the magazine is Gameroom Magazine. Game is 4 letters. Room is 4
letters. Equal weight?

You like games. The owner likes his room.

You are in left field. The owner is in right field.

It's his room and his article--he wins.

Too picky? Not necessarily. The best way to rectify it would be to submit
your gameroom and have it published.

Show'em how it's done.

Otto

CARGPB11

"boagman" <boagmanster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So it's July 1, and I decide to head on over to Gameroom Magazine's

> Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
> be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?

Wolfus,

I posted the link below!

I see what you mean Aron!!

I also like the gameroom. Certainly original!!! My kids would love it.

I see: The Shadow, Pinball Magic, Dracula, Champion Pub, and Creature
from the Black Lagoon,.

http://www.gameroommagazine.com/gm705_1.htm

LOL! Yes, this certainly looks like a "fun" place to hang out!

I agree. It looks like it shoud be on an episode of "Monster House"
rather than GameRoom. I would think a game room should be more
inviting than depressing....

--
Fred
TX

"boagman" <boagmanster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120286133.451035.135610@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I mean, hey buddy! Congrats! You've found some sand bags, a table
> with chairs, and a (I'm guessing here) topographical map! They
> photograph *great*! Now, how 'bout the *games*?
>
> Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
> be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?

Maybe after the big one drops he wants him and his games to be safe ? LTG :)

"boagman" <boagmanster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So it's July 1, and I decide to head on over to Gameroom Magazine's
> website to see what's on the cover and contained within the new issue,
> as well as to look at the current gameroom of the month pictures.
>
> Now, I can understand someone wanting to create a theme for their game
> room, being proud of their accomplishment in that theme, and wanting to
> show that off, somewhat. Still, though, to my way of thinking, the
> whole idea of taking pictures of one's game room is to show off the
> *games* in said game room.
>
> There are nine, count 'em, *9* pictures of this guy's game
> room/barn/bunker, and while it appears that he probably has a pretty
> good collection of videos and pins, every one of the pictures
> concentrates on the "bunker" aspect of the game room, rather than the
> actual games themselves. So, after nine pages of pictures (for a total
> of 18 pics), you're still left wondering what 25-50% of the machines
> actually *are*. I recognize most if not all of the pins, but the one
> in position #4, which I believe to be CFTBL, just isn't in focus enough
> for me to tell. The guy sitting with the pith helmet on? In focus.
> The video games are *far* harder to see, altogether.
>
> I mean, hey buddy! Congrats! You've found some sand bags, a table
> with chairs, and a (I'm guessing here) topographical map! They
> photograph *great*! Now, how 'bout the *games*?
>
> Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
> be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?
>

> Aron

Personally i think your being too picky Aron....Besides dont you know what a
CFTBL looks like already? I'd rather see the pics of the entire room and
see how its set up and decorated so i can rip off his ideas... ;). I'd
have to agree though that there are a few too many pics of sand bags
ect...., but the pics that show the entire room or rooms is pretty cool. I
think its a neat set up and i wish i had something like that when i was a
kid growing up. It would have been awesome !!

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> The title of the magazine is Gameroom Magazine. Game is 4 letters. Room is
4
> letters. Equal weight?
>
> You like games. The owner likes his room.
>
> You are in left field. The owner is in right field.
>
> It's his room and his article--he wins.
>
> Too picky? Not necessarily. The best way to rectify it would be to submit
> your gameroom and have it published.
>
> Show'em how it's done.
>
> Otto
>
> CARGPB11
>
> My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
>
> "boagman" <boagmanster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > So it's July 1, and I decide to head on over to Gameroom Magazine's
>

> > Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
> > be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?

I kinda agree- I went through a time trying to get design ideas for my
gameroom at home and tried looking at a lot of people's rooms via pics on
the 'net and such. I ran across a LOT of unfinished basements, patched up
storage rooms & garages, games sharing rooms with food storage and such, and
really found very few finished, complete rooms and ideas. So from that
persperctive, I'd be more interested in the "room" than the games- ie:
seeing what the game room really looks like- a good idea put into sheetrock
and paint, etc.

For an article like this, though, I think it would be best to have equal
weight- half room/design/ideas and half games... show & talk about them both
equally.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"John P. Dayhuff" <pinhead67@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Personally i think your being too picky Aron....Besides dont you know what
> CFTBL looks like already? I'd rather see the pics of the entire room and
> see how its set up and decorated so i can rip off his ideas... ;). I'd
> have to agree though that there are a few too many pics of sand bags
> ect...., but the pics that show the entire room or rooms is pretty cool.
> think its a neat set up and i wish i had something like that when i was a
> kid growing up. It would have been awesome !!
>
> --
> John P. Dayhuff
> Battle Creek, MI.
> (269) 979-3836
>
> Still looking for:
> E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
> E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!
>
> "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > The title of the magazine is Gameroom Magazine. Game is 4 letters. Room
is
> 4
> > letters. Equal weight?
> >
> > You like games. The owner likes his room.
> >
> > You are in left field. The owner is in right field.
> >
> > It's his room and his article--he wins.
> >
> > Too picky? Not necessarily. The best way to rectify it would be to
submit
> > your gameroom and have it published.
> >
> > Show'em how it's done.
> >
> > Otto
> >
> > CARGPB11
> >
> > My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
> >
> > "boagman" <boagmanster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > So it's July 1, and I decide to head on over to Gameroom Magazine's
> >

> > > Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
> > > be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?

what's the link?
I'd like to check this out
Timathie
"boagman" <boagmanster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So it's July 1, and I decide to head on over to Gameroom Magazine's
> website to see what's on the cover and contained within the new issue,
> as well as to look at the current gameroom of the month pictures.
>
> Now, I can understand someone wanting to create a theme for their game
> room, being proud of their accomplishment in that theme, and wanting to
> show that off, somewhat. Still, though, to my way of thinking, the
> whole idea of taking pictures of one's game room is to show off the
> *games* in said game room.
>
> There are nine, count 'em, *9* pictures of this guy's game
> room/barn/bunker, and while it appears that he probably has a pretty
> good collection of videos and pins, every one of the pictures
> concentrates on the "bunker" aspect of the game room, rather than the
> actual games themselves. So, after nine pages of pictures (for a total
> of 18 pics), you're still left wondering what 25-50% of the machines
> actually *are*. I recognize most if not all of the pins, but the one
> in position #4, which I believe to be CFTBL, just isn't in focus enough
> for me to tell. The guy sitting with the pith helmet on? In focus.
> The video games are *far* harder to see, altogether.
>
> I mean, hey buddy! Congrats! You've found some sand bags, a table
> with chairs, and a (I'm guessing here) topographical map! They
> photograph *great*! Now, how 'bout the *games*?
>
> Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
> be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?
>

> Aron

thank you for the link.
kinda cool.
I thought it needed more though. I like the theme park type complete package
look.
sure has alot of room and alot of them dang things with monitors in em'
some good pin too.
Timathie
<msalas@salascorp.com> wrote in message
> Wolfus,
>
> I posted the link below!
>
> I see what you mean Aron!!
>
> I also like the gameroom. Certainly original!!! My kids would love it.
>
> I see: The Shadow, Pinball Magic, Dracula, Champion Pub, and Creature
> from the Black Lagoon,.
>

> http://www.gameroommagazine.com/gm705_1.htm

henri

well,

i give him props for a 4 player atari football!

_really_ hope someone brings one to CA Extreme this year!

henri

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 23:35:33 -0700, boagman wrote:

> So it's July 1, and I decide to head on over to Gameroom Magazine's
> website to see what's on the cover and contained within the new issue,
> as well as to look at the current gameroom of the month pictures.
>
> Now, I can understand someone wanting to create a theme for their game
> room, being proud of their accomplishment in that theme, and wanting to
> show that off, somewhat. Still, though, to my way of thinking, the
> whole idea of taking pictures of one's game room is to show off the
> *games* in said game room.
>
> There are nine, count 'em, *9* pictures of this guy's game
> room/barn/bunker, and while it appears that he probably has a pretty
> good collection of videos and pins, every one of the pictures
> concentrates on the "bunker" aspect of the game room, rather than the
> actual games themselves. So, after nine pages of pictures (for a total
> of 18 pics), you're still left wondering what 25-50% of the machines
> actually *are*. I recognize most if not all of the pins, but the one
> in position #4, which I believe to be CFTBL, just isn't in focus enough
> for me to tell. The guy sitting with the pith helmet on? In focus.
> The video games are *far* harder to see, altogether.
>
> I mean, hey buddy! Congrats! You've found some sand bags, a table
> with chairs, and a (I'm guessing here) topographical map! They
> photograph *great*! Now, how 'bout the *games*?
>
> Am I just coming too far out of left field, here? Shouldn't the focus
> be on the *games* first, *then* the decor? Or am I just too picky?
>

> Aron

Yes!! Atari Football is one of my all-time favorites too.

John