Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Does anyone know of a tool or a way to get a listing of how much each
directory is taking up? It is very tedious to do a properties on each
directory.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:04:20 -0500, Eric Fehlhaber wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool or a way to get a listing of how much each
> directory is taking up? It is very tedious to do a properties on each
> directory.

I installed Cygwin, and from a Cygwin command prompt I type:

"du -h -s * | less"

and I get a listing of the current directory level along with directory
sizes.

Brian K

Eric Fehlhaber wrote:
> Does anyone know of a tool or a way to get a listing of how much each
> directory is taking up? It is very tedious to do a properties on each
> directory.

Powerdesk Pro has a Size Manager which will show you this and is fairly flexible.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Eric

Try this one..

http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

I like SequoiaView from http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

<efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a tool or a way to get a listing of how much each
>directory is taking up?

I like WinDirStat:

http://windirstat.sourceforge.net/

--
RoRo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Just hover and read the tooltip. Just be aware it will only spend 2 secs calculating at a time. So if a folder will take three secs you need to display the tooltip twice (and this is why the info is not readily available - it's slow to calculate).