Laptop for college

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodancer

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
1_What is your budget? 400-700

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? at least 15.4'

3_What screen resolution do you want? doesn't matter as long as the screen is glossy

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5_How much battery life do you need? doesnt matter

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? starcraft 2; medium (I have further inquiry about video cards below.)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Small programming, Office, browsing the internet (I am a huge multitasker and have about 8 browsers up simultaneously.)

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? at least 100gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. doesn't matter

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least 4 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? doesn't matter

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. asus, dell, toshiba, asus

13_What country do you live in? USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'm leaning toward the new i3 cpu.

Are the gpus in the i3, i5, and i7 CPUs necessarily better? Good enough to play starcraft 2?

The core i3 laptops are the only ones in the price range your looking at. the gt 330m should be able to play games at medium to high setting at 720p resolution. try any of these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2034940032+1039353922&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&Subcategory=32&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

kodancer

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
I'm not sure how you guys are ranking starcraft 2's graphics, but blizzard just announced recently that the specs aren't going to be that high, according to http://starcraft.incgamers.com/articles/comments/kalos-comments-blizzard-specs/. But as you see in that site, they removed the specs for some reason, but I'm assuming the specs aren't going to be changed significantly.

Now I don't really have much information about olddd graphic cards like the ones mentioned on that site, but do you think the arrandale i3 and a radeon hd4330 would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.