  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 2, 2005 11:50:28 AM

I have a bally hang glider machine that keeps blowing a 50v 10 amp fuse. The
fuse is located on the left side of the cabinet wall, where a series of
three fuses are, and this is the top fuse. Any suggestions?

More about : bally 1971 hang glider model 2657

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:56:57 PM

In article <iuSdnVSZMdwB41vfRVn-1A@adelphia.com>,
"asti" <toroloco@adelphia.net> wrote:

> I have a bally hang glider machine that keeps blowing a 50v 10 amp fuse. The
> fuse is located on the left side of the cabinet wall, where a series of
> three fuses are, and this is the top fuse. Any suggestions?

Well yeah, find the short :-) . Does the machine work or does the
fuse blow when you turn the power on? If the machine works, does any
particular thing (pop bumper, flipper, etc) cause the fuse to blow?
Is anything smoking or getting very hot?

and so on
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:47:47 PM

unplug the playfield from the machine. Then test it. If it doesnt blow,
the problem is probably on the playfield.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:30:35 AM

I had the same exact problem with this game and it turned out to be a
shorted light bulb. First I unplugged the playfield and the fuse quit
blowing. Next I removed about a third of the lights and plugged the
playfield back in. On my second attempt I had my short in my hand and
then I started putting the bulbs back in one at a time. When it blew I
took the last three bulbs I put in and threw them away and put new
bulbs in. Problem solved. Good luck and let us know when you get it
repaired
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 7:28:51 AM

same thing happened to my 71 bally expressway, it was a bulb, go
figure!

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/
!