Bally 1971 Hang Glider model 2657

I have a bally hang glider machine that keeps blowing a 50v 10 amp fuse. The
fuse is located on the left side of the cabinet wall, where a series of
three fuses are, and this is the top fuse. Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about bally 1971 hang glider model 2657

    In article <iuSdnVSZMdwB41vfRVn-1A@adelphia.com>,
    "asti" <toroloco@adelphia.net> wrote:

    > I have a bally hang glider machine that keeps blowing a 50v 10 amp fuse. The
    > fuse is located on the left side of the cabinet wall, where a series of
    > three fuses are, and this is the top fuse. Any suggestions?

    Well yeah, find the short :-) . Does the machine work or does the
    fuse blow when you turn the power on? If the machine works, does any
    particular thing (pop bumper, flipper, etc) cause the fuse to blow?
    Is anything smoking or getting very hot?

    and so on

    unplug the playfield from the machine. Then test it. If it doesnt blow,
    the problem is probably on the playfield.

    I had the same exact problem with this game and it turned out to be a
    shorted light bulb. First I unplugged the playfield and the fuse quit
    blowing. Next I removed about a third of the lights and plugged the
    playfield back in. On my second attempt I had my short in my hand and
    then I started putting the bulbs back in one at a time. When it blew I
    took the last three bulbs I put in and threw them away and put new
    bulbs in. Problem solved. Good luck and let us know when you get it
    repaired

    same thing happened to my 71 bally expressway, it was a bulb, go
    figure!

    Ctsteps5

    owner of
    71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
    74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

    Moderator of EM Pinball Group
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

Games Video Games