rnstrait

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2002
I have an asus a7v333 revision 1.01 and i want to install and Amd xp 2400 or 2600 cpu. I have already installed the most current up to date bios. My question is when i install the new cpu will the bios automatically reccognize it or will i have to manually congigure it ? If i have to manually configure it what do i set the Cpu frequency multiple at ? And what do i set the Cpu/Pci frequency at ? I have never messed around with these or had to do this before..........Thanks any help will be appreciated.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You should have no problems with that board using those chips. Before you pull your old chip out though, I would go into the BIOS and select "setup defaults" to make sure it wipes out any special settings you have manually set... which may not work with your new processor. Then just put the new chip in and the BIOS should recognize it just fine.

If you want to set it manually, the XP2400 uses a 15X multiplier against the 133 FSB speed and it runs with 1.65 volts. I'm not sure the settings on the XP2600, but you can probably get those off the AMD web site.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
most modern boards will autodetect...

Hmmm, wonder if I can get a valid page fault ???
these invalid ones are far too commonplace...