  • Microsoft
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
August 16, 2005 9:01:28 PM

I have a cdrw that will write cd's using alcohol 120, it will read
previously written cd's but in windows explorer if I click on the
drive with no cd in it I get the following message I:\ is not
accessable Incorrect function. would like some pointers to a possible
solution

Ed Christie

More about : usb cdrw

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 9:01:29 PM

You need to have a CD in the drive....

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Ed Christie" wrote:

| I have a cdrw that will write cd's using alcohol 120, it will read
| previously written cd's but in windows explorer if I click on the
| drive with no cd in it I get the following message I:\ is not
| accessable Incorrect function. would like some pointers to a possible
| solution
|
| Ed Christie
August 16, 2005 9:01:29 PM

Reboot your PC with the CD drive empty and retry. I should work now.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Ed Christie" wrote:

> I have a cdrw that will write cd's using alcohol 120, it will read
> previously written cd's but in windows explorer if I click on the
> drive with no cd in it I get the following message I:\ is not
> accessable Incorrect function. would like some pointers to a possible
> solution
>
> Ed Christie

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:09:30 PM

I misspoke, the message occurs if there is a blank cd in the drive. If
the drive is empty the message asks for a blank disc to be inserted.
sorry for the error

Ed CHristie

!