Ghost program appears and disappears

I have this problem of a blank program that doesn't identify itself which
will appear on the task bar and then 3 to 5 seconds later it would disappear.
It would go in this cycle about every 10-15 mins. I ran the anti virus
program, ran ad aware and spy bot but this "ghost" program still appears. It
is not a big problem until I watch movies or play games which it will disrupt
whatever I am doing. I notice that I am not the only one with this problem.
2 answers Last reply
More about ghost program appears disappears

    >I have this problem of a blank program that doesn't identify itself which
    > will appear on the task bar and then 3 to 5 seconds later it would
    > disappear.
    > It would go in this cycle about every 10-15 mins. I ran the anti virus
    > program, ran ad aware and spy bot but this "ghost" program still appears.
    > It
    > is not a big problem until I watch movies or play games which it will
    > disrupt
    > whatever I am doing. I notice that I am not the only one with this
    > problem.

    The symptoms are similar to the same problem in Windows 98 where some poorly
    written screen savers did the same thing. Other than that, you might want
    to leave Task Manager open to the processes page to see if you can see the
    name of the program.

    --
    ..__
    (__

    Go to SysInternals and download Filemon. Install and run. Allow it to
    run and log until your event happens. Then click the "File" option and
    uncheck Capture. You can now back scroll through the display to find
    your file access that tracks with your program.
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

    "Steve Shattuck" <steve@shattuck.net> wrote in message
    > >I have this problem of a blank program that doesn't identify itself which
    >> will appear on the task bar and then 3 to 5 seconds later it would
    >> disappear.
    >> It would go in this cycle about every 10-15 mins. I ran the anti virus
    >> program, ran ad aware and spy bot but this "ghost" program still appears.
    >> It
    >> is not a big problem until I watch movies or play games which it will
    >> disrupt
    >> whatever I am doing. I notice that I am not the only one with this
    >> problem.
    >
    > The symptoms are similar to the same problem in Windows 98 where some
    > poorly written screen savers did the same thing. Other than that, you
    > might want to leave Task Manager open to the processes page to see if you
    > can see the name of the program.
    >
    > --
    > .__
    > (__