T5 battery life

October 29, 2004 3:39:20 PM

Hi T5 owners,

can you estimate how many hours of usage (PIM, ebook etc.) does the T5 provide?

Since the reviews I've read state different messages (from "little better than T3's" to "after 3 hrs I still had 70%")

Cause battery life is one of my most important factors for upgrading...

--
Regards
HaPe

More about : battery life

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 3:39:21 PM

Hans-Peter Pflaum <nospam@was.de> wrote:
>reviews I've read state different messages (from "little better than T3's" to "after 3 hrs I still had 70%")

That's probably pretty close to the T3. The first hour on the T3
drops from 100% to 100%, the second hour drops to maybe 80%, and it's
very nonlinear downhill from there. Kinda disappointing that they
didn't bother to correct the battery life problem in the T3, but I
guess sales didn't suffer enough.

Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy, though, like the way VHS became
the gold standard for videotape (and hence consumer video) quality.
Given two identical T4-ish models, one with 3 hour battery life and
one with 10 hour life, and a (say) $100 price difference, the market
might have decided differently.
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 3:39:21 PM

T5 with high screen brightness - 4 hours
T5 with screen brightness set on minimum - 5 hours
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 5:51:37 PM

Hans-Peter Pflaum wrote:
> Hi T5 owners,
[...]
> Cause battery life is one of my most important factors for upgrading...

Hans-Peter,
which device are you using right now?

Alex
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 6:51:14 PM

> Hans-Peter,
> which device are you using right now?
Clie PEG T675C which runs only 2-3 hours, therefore I skipped the upgrade to the T3 cause it has about the same runtime...

--
!