Task bar instability

I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
helps but not always.. Any ideas???
--
Pierre
6 answers Last reply

    You have three (3) choices for the icons in the taskbar.
    Always hide, hide when inactive, always show.
    Rightclick Start>Properties>taskbar tab>Customize button
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Pierre" wrote:

    > I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
    > experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
    > disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
    > helps but not always.. Any ideas???
    > --
    > Pierre

    Pierre,
    Read my post "Can not load tray icon" 10 threads below this one. Pavel gave
    me a good hint at my similar problem, which I used to eventually resolve my
    problem.

    "Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
    | experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
    | disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
    | helps but not always.. Any ideas???
    | --
    | Pierre

    Icons are missing or disappear, reappear: This happens for most Auto-Logon
    users.

    Methods/workarounds: Log off and Log back on, password protect your account
    or disable SSDP and uPNP Services.

    Disable SSDP and uPNP Services (Line 156)

    Troubleshooting the Notification Area
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

    Troubleshooting the Volume Control Icon
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm#volume

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
    > experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
    > disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
    > helps but not always.. Any ideas???
    > --
    > Pierre

    Pierre,

    You are posting via CDO, however appearing here. There is no way for us to
    scroll down 10 threads.

    Using an NNTP Newsreader
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/guide/nntpnews.mspx

    For a better way to access these newsgroups look here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];newswhelp

    --

    "Newbie2005" <anomynous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Pierre,
    > Read my post "Can not load tray icon" 10 threads below this one. Pavel
    > gave
    > me a good hint at my similar problem, which I used to eventually resolve
    > my
    > problem.
    >
    > "Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > |I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
    > | experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem
    > | disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
    > | helps but not always.. Any ideas???
    > | --
    > | Pierre

    Sorry but, by customizing the task bar, hiding the icons or hiding icons im
    ny network place do not have any effect whatsoever. Icons still appear and
    disappeasr at their own will....
    --
    Pierre

    "Newbie2005" wrote:

    > Pierre,
    > Read my post "Can not load tray icon" 10 threads below this one. Pavel gave
    > me a good hint at my similar problem, which I used to eventually resolve my
    > problem.
    >
    > "Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > |I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
    > | experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
    > | disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
    > | helps but not always.. Any ideas???
    > | --
    > | Pierre

    Hi Kelly,
    I don't understand your comment about CDO (Collaboration Data Objects), I
    use OE>msnews.microsoft.com>microsoft.public.windowsxp.general via
    NNTP-Posting-Host, set up as detailed in your first URL Link
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm.
    The post I referred to has the reference
    news:%23wHkc4noFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl..., if that is any help.
    Dennis

    | Pierre,
    |
    | You are posting via CDO, however appearing here. There is no way for us
    | scroll down 10 threads.
    |
    | Using an NNTP Newsreader
    | http://www.microsoft.com/communities/guide/nntpnews.mspx
    |
    | For a better way to access these newsgroups look here:
    | http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    | http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
    | http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];newswhelp
    |
    | --
    |
    | All the Best,
    | Kelly (MS-MVP)
    |
    | Troubleshooting Windows XP
    | http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    |

    | "Newbie2005" <anomynous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > Pierre,
    | > Read my post "Can not load tray icon" 10 threads below this one. Pavel
    | > gave
    | > me a good hint at my similar problem, which I used to eventually resolve
    | > my
    | > problem.
    | >
    | > "Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > |I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
    | > | experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or
    seem
    | > | disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting
    sometimes
    | > | helps but not always.. Any ideas???
    | > | --
    | > | Pierre