pierre

I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
helps but not always.. Any ideas???
--
Pierre

Byte

You have three (3) choices for the icons in the taskbar.
Always hide, hide when inactive, always show.
Rightclick Start>Properties>taskbar tab>Customize button
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Pierre" wrote:

> I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
> experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
> disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
> helps but not always.. Any ideas???
> --
> Pierre

Pierre,
Read my post "Can not load tray icon" 10 threads below this one. Pavel gave
me a good hint at my similar problem, which I used to eventually resolve my
problem.

"Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
| experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
| disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
| helps but not always.. Any ideas???
| --
| Pierre

kelly

Icons are missing or disappear, reappear: This happens for most Auto-Logon
users.

Methods/workarounds: Log off and Log back on, password protect your account
or disable SSDP and uPNP Services.

Disable SSDP and uPNP Services (Line 156)

Troubleshooting the Notification Area
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

Troubleshooting the Volume Control Icon
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm#volume

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
> experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
> disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
> helps but not always.. Any ideas???
> --
> Pierre

kelly

Pierre,

You are posting via CDO, however appearing here. There is no way for us to
scroll down 10 threads.

Using an NNTP Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/guide/nntpnews.mspx

For a better way to access these newsgroups look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
;newswhelp]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];newswhelp

--

"Newbie2005" <anomynous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Pierre,
> Read my post "Can not load tray icon" 10 threads below this one. Pavel
> gave
> me a good hint at my similar problem, which I used to eventually resolve
> my
> problem.
>
> "Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
> | experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem
> | disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
> | helps but not always.. Any ideas???
> | --
> | Pierre

pierre

Sorry but, by customizing the task bar, hiding the icons or hiding icons im
ny network place do not have any effect whatsoever. Icons still appear and
disappeasr at their own will....
--
Pierre

"Newbie2005" wrote:

> Pierre,
> Read my post "Can not load tray icon" 10 threads below this one. Pavel gave
> me a good hint at my similar problem, which I used to eventually resolve my
> problem.
>
> "Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I am running the latest version of Windows XP2 pro. v. 5.1. 2600. I am
> | experiencing instability with my task bar. Not all icons appear or seem to
> | disappear without reasons, during normal operations. Rebooting sometimes
> | helps but not always.. Any ideas???
> | --
> | Pierre

Hi Kelly,
I don't understand your comment about CDO (Collaboration Data Objects), I
use OE>msnews.microsoft.com>microsoft.public.windowsxp.general via
NNTP-Posting-Host, set up as detailed in your first URL Link
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm.
The post I referred to has the reference
news:%23wHkc4noFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl..., if that is any help.
Dennis