Sign in with
Your question

Portable DVD Burner & MORE

January 25, 2013 9:08:12 AM

I am going to be buying the Lenovo Thinkpad Twist here in a few weeks. I was trying to find something like the twist with a pen input and or an optical drive. Turns out, i cannot find either on anything in the same price range. So I decided to look for portable dvd/cd drives.

I found the Plextor PlexEasy Diskdrive, but that is literally the only thing I could find that did everything. I am sure I am not looking up the exact term. I have searched so many different terms I feel like my head is about to explode. "Portable cd/dvd drive" "Portable Optical Drive" "Portable Media hub"..you get the idea.

Anyways I am hoping to find something that when I need to put a program on my new Twist I can simply plug in the USB (prefer 3.0 but will deal with 2.0) and then install the program like that. I was also hoping it might have something like the Plexeasy that I could store stuff on it (I am assuming it has a hard drive built in?). I was wanting SD Card as well.

I would just get the Plexeasy but it doesn't say it will work with windows 8, and I thought surely more than 1 company has something like this.

So does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for all the help!

More about : portable dvd burner

!