Firepower 2 Parts info?

Just picked up a FP2 for a pretty nice price.

I'd like to replace stuff like the rubbers, plastic posts, lane guides,
shooter spring, etc.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the manual has much information about
that stuff...it seems to be mainly a collection of schematics.

Anybody know if this info. if readily available?

Also looking for a nice Backglass for it..mine is missing.

Thanks,
Dan

We have most of these standard parts- see our website at:
www.actionpinball.com for pictures, prices, online ordering.

Craig Weiss I think had a nice Firepower 2 glass at the PAGG show in May-
not sure if it sold or not. E-mail me for his e-mail address- I'm sure I
have it somewhere- or he posts here in the newsgroup as well- or find his
info via a Google search of this newsgroup's past articles.

Great game- congrats!

Hope that helps!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Arcadedl" wrote:
> Just picked up a FP2 for a pretty nice price.
>
> I'd like to replace stuff like the rubbers, plastic posts, lane guides,
> shooter spring, etc.
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the manual has much information about
> that stuff...it seems to be mainly a collection of schematics.
>
> Anybody know if this info. if readily available?
>
> Also looking for a nice Backglass for it..mine is missing.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

I know when I was looking for parts for my FP2 that a guy named Gary
Brewer was selling a bunch of parts on the Mr. Pinball classifieds.
There's stuff out there - just keep your eyes peeled and put a wanted
ad on Mr. Pinball - you'll get replies. As for the stock parts, what
Ray J. might not have, Steve Young @ the pinball resource certainly
has, and his prices on that stuff are about as cheap you'll find. Just
don't let his gruff demeanor frighten you. He's a nice guy.
I have quite a few extra parts from when I did my PF swap as well -
lane guides, ramps, all sorts of things. email me with a list of
exactly what you want and I'll see what I've got. Plus you can have it
cheap - it's just taking up space under my pool table. As for the
backglass, good luck-you can't have mine, it's too nice and besides I
am using it. And my old PF is now my living room coffee table. It looks
pretty cool when I switch it on with the 50 lights I put under the
inserts. I used the metal from the shooter top area on it as a skirt,
so I don't have that stuff for sale.

I had a Firepower 2 project pin. It was missing displays, the transformer
with the cable that hooks to the sound board, and other rare stuff.
All I did was watch Ebay regularly to get a good working board set, which
was actually "as is," but worked when I got it. How's that for luck. We're
talkin' Ebay.
Anyway, I got the transformer I needed by Emailing any seller on Ebay that
was selling more than one solid state Williams pin. Sometimes you have to
kinda check around. A lot of times this pin gets parted out, and it's not
unusual a seller might have parts lying around they never thought about even
trying to sell.

Personally, I thought FP2 was a great pin. I sold it due to lack of space.
Great sounds, fast play though. I actually miss it.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com pinball dvds for sale

"deafdumb&blindboy" <ilduchi1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I know when I was looking for parts for my FP2 that a guy named Gary
> Brewer was selling a bunch of parts on the Mr. Pinball classifieds.
> There's stuff out there - just keep your eyes peeled and put a wanted
> ad on Mr. Pinball - you'll get replies. As for the stock parts, what
> Ray J. might not have, Steve Young @ the pinball resource certainly
> has, and his prices on that stuff are about as cheap you'll find. Just
> don't let his gruff demeanor frighten you. He's a nice guy.
> I have quite a few extra parts from when I did my PF swap as well -
> lane guides, ramps, all sorts of things. email me with a list of
> exactly what you want and I'll see what I've got. Plus you can have it
> cheap - it's just taking up space under my pool table. As for the
> backglass, good luck-you can't have mine, it's too nice and besides I
> am using it. And my old PF is now my living room coffee table. It looks
> pretty cool when I switch it on with the 50 lights I put under the
> inserts. I used the metal from the shooter top area on it as a skirt,
> so I don't have that stuff for sale.

OK, I understood you- if you go to Action or PBR, tell them you want a
rubber set for a FP2. Done deal. Springs- same deal. Posts-you're gonna
need to look and see what they are and specify. I say, why don't you
pull your posts and either put them in a shaker cleaner or do what I
did, and polish each one by hand on the buffer. Save you plenty of
money - that stuff is expensive.
Now, when you say plastics, you're getting into the field of what me
and Pin Geek were talking about - searching on ebay or Mr Pinball.
Nobody makes that stuff anymore. Not even repro guys. The only things
you're gonna find that you can buy that are repro are the stickers for
the standup targets, which you can get from Marco. That's IT.
Everything else, you're gonna have to make yourself or find used stuff.
And if you consider that stuff "disposable", I've got news for you.
That stuff is the most valuable of all, if you can find good stuff.
It's the details, the little things, that make an old pin look good,
and if you can get the right stuff, you'll be lucky if it doesn't cost
an arm and a leg, and you'll be inclined to make sure it doesn't get
broken. That's why I have fender washers under my plastics, so they
don't break (again). As for lists of stuff, there's one list of game
specific parts in the back of your manual. The rest of the stuff, do
what I did - look at the picture on the front of the manual. That's
where I discovered that someone had swapped out my flipper buttons, and
that the originals were translucent red, and not the 1" style - more
like 1 1/4". Good luck finding those. Or even the coin return buttons.
Stuff you think should be everywhere, it isn't. They only made 3400 of
them, and sure, most WMS games of that era had interchangeable parts,
but not all of them. And if you want it right, all those parts should
have -521 in their part number. Maybe I'm a stickler for details, but
when someone who knows looks at my machines, they're gonna nod their
head and say , not bad.

Hmmm..I think you guys are misunderstanding me.
My game is complete, and near working now.

I am just looking for a parts list...so I can order new rubbers, plastics
posts, shooter springs...the "disposable" type pin stuff.
Dan

"Pin Geek" <pingeek@pingeek.com> wrote in message
> I had a Firepower 2 project pin. It was missing displays, the transformer
> with the cable that hooks to the sound board, and other rare stuff.
> All I did was watch Ebay regularly to get a good working board set, which
> was actually "as is," but worked when I got it. How's that for luck.
We're
> talkin' Ebay.
> Anyway, I got the transformer I needed by Emailing any seller on Ebay that
> was selling more than one solid state Williams pin. Sometimes you have to
> kinda check around. A lot of times this pin gets parted out, and it's not
> unusual a seller might have parts lying around they never thought about
even
> trying to sell.
>
> Personally, I thought FP2 was a great pin. I sold it due to lack of
space.
> Great sounds, fast play though. I actually miss it.
>
> Pingeek
> http://www.pingeek.com pinball dvds for sale
>
> "deafdumb&blindboy" <ilduchi1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >I know when I was looking for parts for my FP2 that a guy named Gary
> > Brewer was selling a bunch of parts on the Mr. Pinball classifieds.
> > There's stuff out there - just keep your eyes peeled and put a wanted
> > ad on Mr. Pinball - you'll get replies. As for the stock parts, what
> > Ray J. might not have, Steve Young @ the pinball resource certainly
> > has, and his prices on that stuff are about as cheap you'll find. Just
> > don't let his gruff demeanor frighten you. He's a nice guy.
> > I have quite a few extra parts from when I did my PF swap as well -
> > lane guides, ramps, all sorts of things. email me with a list of
> > exactly what you want and I'll see what I've got. Plus you can have it
> > cheap - it's just taking up space under my pool table. As for the
> > backglass, good luck-you can't have mine, it's too nice and besides I
> > am using it. And my old PF is now my living room coffee table. It looks
> > pretty cool when I switch it on with the 50 lights I put under the
> > inserts. I used the metal from the shooter top area on it as a skirt,
> > so I don't have that stuff for sale.

http://www.pbresource.com
Just tell Steve you need a rubber kit for Firepower 2. He should have the
shooter springs too.
The posts, not sure. You will need a manual to id those or he might not be
able to help on that. He has a lot of posts.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com
Pinball dvd's for sale, including the brand new Larry Garland's Lost City Of
Pins dvd