Sign in with
Your question

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Last response: in Windows 7
October 26, 2012 7:08:12 PM

Hi Friends
This is my very 1st visit to this site via google search. I am facing a blue screen error with following codes:

0X0000007A (0XC04C54C0, 0XC0000185, 0X584B1880, 0X98A98080)

This error occurs when I try to run any video file via VLC Media Player. It was running smooth till today but don't know it started giving this blue screen error

Please help in resolving the issue

Best Regards

Zee Shan
a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2012 7:14:40 PM

Several possibilities:

Failing/Failed RAM
Corrupt driver/s
Filesystem corruption
Oxidation on the contacts of the RAM or socket

Start by reseating the RAM.

If that doesn't work then progress to running a check on the filesystem (Start-> Run-> chkdsk c: /f /v /r) answer "Y" when prompted, then reboot.

m
l
November 2, 2012 8:14:23 PM

The issue was due to hard disk problem. After a couple of days my hard drive stopped showing partitions and I lost all my data :'(  ... Currently I am using a backup hard drive and trying to retrieve data from existing one but still can't succeed .. do you know some good program for data recovery?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 2, 2012 8:31:21 PM

Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva) has been known to recover drives. However, from your description I'd say that the drive has failed and any recovery will most likely have to be done by a recovery service (Pricey and no guarantees of recovery)
m
l
November 2, 2012 10:47:35 PM

mzeezee said:
The issue was due to hard disk problem. After a couple of days my hard drive stopped showing partitions and I lost all my data :'(  ... Currently I am using a backup hard drive and trying to retrieve data from existing one but still can't succeed .. do you know some good program for data recovery?

Always take a backup of your important data!
m
l
November 12, 2012 5:59:06 PM

@ bubblehead
Fortunately my friend recovered complete data for me and h/disk is also working fine after breaking and recreating partitions. There might be some issue with partitions which hopefully is resolved completely ... However I am going to change my laptop and thinking to buy HP Probook 4540s Core i5 ... Do you have any suggestion better than this?

@ Stealthinator
I usually take bakup of all my important data but this time i got a bit lazy :$ ... but i don't think i would ever repeat such stupidity
m
l
!