Updating single fields in Palm Address Book

October 29, 2004 6:50:59 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any software (preferably free!) that I can use on
my PC to update just a single or more fields (like Palm Desktop's
import, but not adding new records, just updating fields on existing
records) in my Palm address book, ready to hotsync?

I have info from the address book database exported to a .csv file,
need to work on it in a spreadsheet in order to update a field, then
want to get it back into the original address book.

Many thanks,

Kevin Hale
g0akh at hotmail dot com
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 11:51:22 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 29 Oct 2004 02:50:59 -0700, g0akh@hotmail.com (Kevin Hale) was
understood to have stated the following:

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know of any software (preferably free!) that I can use on
>my PC to update just a single or more fields (like Palm Desktop's
>import, but not adding new records, just updating fields on existing
>records) in my Palm address book, ready to hotsync?
>
>I have info from the address book database exported to a .csv file,
>need to work on it in a spreadsheet in order to update a field, then
>want to get it back into the original address book.
>
>Many thanks,

Be careful with the import. It's been some time since I've tried this,
so newer versions of the Palm Desktop may handle importing/exporting
of CSV data better, but the last time I tried, I noted that Palm
desktop paid no particular head on export and subsequent reimport to
the various contact field's ordering or values. This won't be an
impact if all of your address records have their contact information
(work,home,email,mobile etc) arranged in the same order, but if they
are in different orders like mine, reimporting will result in the
contact methods being jumbled up.
!