no problems - is this serious?

I don't have currently any problems with windows. Everything is working
perfectly. No crashes with windows or IE. No viruses or spyware, althoug I
visist sometimes XXX related sites. No device related problems either.

Whats' going on? Windows shouldn't be that stable. It's supposed to crash at
least sometimes. WXP is nowadays too good to be true. Has Microsoft really
managed to create stabile graphical OS or is this only illusion before great
disaster?
23 answers Last reply
More about problems serious

    What "other" software utilities have you installed onto Windows? Surely
    you are not running XP without some type of anti-virus and firewall running!

    News Reader wrote:
    > I don't have currently any problems with windows. Everything is
    > working perfectly. No crashes with windows or IE. No viruses or
    > spyware, althoug I visist sometimes XXX related sites. No device
    > related problems either.
    > Whats' going on? Windows shouldn't be that stable. It's supposed to
    > crash at least sometimes. WXP is nowadays too good to be true. Has
    > Microsoft really managed to create stabile graphical OS or is this
    > only illusion before great disaster?

    Troll.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    i dont have any problems either but its not perfect.

    so mr perfect, no errors in Event logs ?
    %SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s

    "News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message
    >I don't have currently any problems with windows. Everything is working
    >perfectly. No crashes with windows or IE. No viruses or spyware, althoug I
    >visist sometimes XXX related sites. No device related problems either.
    >
    > Whats' going on? Windows shouldn't be that stable. It's supposed to crash
    > at least sometimes. WXP is nowadays too good to be true. Has Microsoft
    > really managed to create stabile graphical OS or is this only illusion
    > before great disaster?

    Ask Murphy.

    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
    something.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OsByjzpoFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    News Reader <stealth@null.net> hunted and pecked:

    "bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
    >i dont have any problems either but its not perfect.
    >
    > so mr perfect, no errors in Event logs ?
    > %SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s

    Having a clean Event Log is no big deal. The only errors in my event viewer
    are several application errors for 1602.exe, which belongs to the game 1602
    AD. I was using it for testing and knew it would produce errors, but other
    than that, I have no other errors in any logs.

    "bumtracks" <lost@disney.lan> wrote in message
    >i dont have any problems either but its not perfect.
    >
    > so mr perfect, no errors in Event logs ?
    > %SystemRoot%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s

    Guaranteed to be warings/errors in there!!

    > "News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message
    >>I don't have currently any problems with windows. Everything is working
    >>perfectly. No crashes with windows or IE. No viruses or spyware, althoug I
    >>visist sometimes XXX related sites. No device related problems either.
    >>
    >> Whats' going on? Windows shouldn't be that stable. It's supposed to crash
    >> at least sometimes. WXP is nowadays too good to be true. Has Microsoft
    >> really managed to create stabile graphical OS or is this only illusion
    >> before great disaster?

    I have not had a blue screen crash since I installed SP2 and I agree the OS
    is very stable. However there is still the occasional shutdown for unknown
    reasons.
    I run heartbeat to monitor the uptime and I have never got more that 4 days
    without an unexplained shutdown.
    I believe that the cause is the updates installed by Windows Update. One has
    the system running stable. There is an unexplained shutdown. In the log one
    sees that there has been an update installed within the last 24 hours.

    Maybe Vista will be better.

    --
    Uncle John
    > Ask Murphy.
    >
    > If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
    > something.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:OsByjzpoFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > News Reader <stealth@null.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> I don't have currently any problems with windows. Everything is working
    >> perfectly. No crashes with windows or IE. No viruses or spyware, althoug
    >> visist sometimes XXX related sites. No device related problems either.
    >>
    >> Whats' going on? Windows shouldn't be that stable. It's supposed to crash
    >> at least sometimes. WXP is nowadays too good to be true. Has Microsoft
    >> really managed to create stabile graphical OS or is this only illusion
    >> before great disaster?

    On Tuesday 16 August 2005 02:20 pm, Uncle John had this to say in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > I have not had a blue screen crash since I installed SP2 and I agree the
    > OS is very stable. However there is still the occasional shutdown for
    > unknown reasons.
    > I run heartbeat to monitor the uptime and I have never got more that 4
    > days without an unexplained shutdown.
    > I believe that the cause is the updates installed by Windows Update. One
    > has the system running stable. There is an unexplained shutdown. In the
    > log one sees that there has been an update installed within the last 24
    > hours.
    >
    > Maybe Vista will be better.

    Here's my uptime ... mind you that was 30 seconds ago :-) ...

    System Uptime: 64 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes

    Not running on XP, btw. And the only reason for it being that short was that
    there was a power outtage and I have no ups attached to the computer.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

    NoStop wrote:
    > On Tuesday 16 August 2005 02:20 pm, Uncle John had this to say in
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >
    >> I have not had a blue screen crash since I installed SP2 and I agree
    >> the OS is very stable. However there is still the occasional
    >> shutdown for unknown reasons.
    >> I run heartbeat to monitor the uptime and I have never got more that
    >> 4 days without an unexplained shutdown.
    >> I believe that the cause is the updates installed by Windows Update.
    >> One has the system running stable. There is an unexplained shutdown.
    >> In the log one sees that there has been an update installed within
    >> the last 24 hours.
    >>
    >> Maybe Vista will be better.
    >>
    > Here's my uptime ... mind you that was 30 seconds ago :-) ...
    >
    > System Uptime: 64 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes
    >
    > Not running on XP, btw. And the only reason for it being that short
    > was that there was a power outtage and I have no ups attached to the
    > computer.

    LOL! I wish my electric uptime was 64 days!

    --

    "NoStop" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
    > On Tuesday 16 August 2005 02:20 pm, Uncle John had this to say in
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >
    >> I have not had a blue screen crash since I installed SP2 and I agree the
    >> OS is very stable. However there is still the occasional shutdown for
    >> unknown reasons.
    >> I run heartbeat to monitor the uptime and I have never got more that 4
    >> days without an unexplained shutdown.
    >> I believe that the cause is the updates installed by Windows Update. One
    >> has the system running stable. There is an unexplained shutdown. In the
    >> log one sees that there has been an update installed within the last 24
    >> hours.
    >>
    >> Maybe Vista will be better.
    >>
    > Here's my uptime ... mind you that was 30 seconds ago :-) ...
    >
    > System Uptime: 64 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes
    >
    > Not running on XP, btw. And the only reason for it being that short was
    > that
    > there was a power outtage and I have no ups attached to the computer.
    >

    > --

    Uptime is important for people just starting to get interested in taking
    care of a system. I think every aspiring system administrator of computer
    hobbyist should shoot for a 30 or 60 day uptime at least once.

    Beyond that, uptime is a meaningless statistic. I can't remember I had an
    unplanned or forced restart as a result of a problem, rather than a patch,
    on a Windows operating system. I think it may have been during the
    Neverwinter Nights Beta? No wait, I remember now. I installed the wrong
    ATI video driver on my desktop in April and that caused some wierdness that
    forced me into an unrecoverable restart situation. I don't think I've ever
    needed to restart my Windows 2003 Server...

    Carl

    You need to have used it for at least one whole day, in order to do a proper
    analysis.

    Jon

    "News Reader" <stealth@null.net> wrote in message
    >I don't have currently any problems with windows. Everything is working
    >perfectly. No crashes with windows or IE. No viruses or spyware, althoug I
    >visist sometimes XXX related sites. No device related problems either.
    >
    > Whats' going on? Windows shouldn't be that stable. It's supposed to crash
    > at least sometimes. WXP is nowadays too good to be true. Has Microsoft
    > really managed to create stabile graphical OS or is this only illusion
    > before great disaster?

    Well, personally, I have never had a problem
    with Windows, since 95, I have always had a
    good AV and have done regular maintenance.

    Windows OS opened up the world of computing for me and
    I am eternally grateful.

    Daniel

    Daniel wrote:
    > Well, personally, I have never had a problem
    > with Windows, since 95, I have always had a
    > good AV and have done regular maintenance.
    >
    > Windows OS opened up the world of computing for me and
    > I am eternally grateful.
    >
    > Daniel

    LOL! Thanks for the laugh.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    I think it may be a matter of intelligence

    Daniel
    No axe to grind and no hidden agenda!

    Daniel wrote:
    > I think it may be a matter of intelligence

    That's what I was laughing at. Your Intelligence. ;-)

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    That'd be right, laughing at someone else's
    short comings

    Daniel

    Daniel wrote:
    > That'd be right, laughing at someone else's
    > short comings

    So you admit that your intelligence is one of your short-comings! ;-)

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    It's not for me to say, but you indicated that
    that was your perception and you laughed about it.

    Daniel

    Daniel wrote:
    > It's not for me to say

    Too bad you already did.

    > but you indicated that
    > that was your perception and you laughed about it.

    All I said is that I was laughing at "your intelligence." You assumed
    the "short coming" part from your own perception of your intelligence.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Daniel 0 Kurt1
    > Daniel wrote:
    >> It's not for me to say
    >
    > Too bad you already did.
    >
    >> but you indicated that
    >> that was your perception and you laughed about it.
    >
    > All I said is that I was laughing at "your intelligence." You assumed the
    > "short coming" part from your own perception of your intelligence.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Harly. Kurt is a brain dead fool of an individual, destined for utter self
    destruction.
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Alpha wrote:
    > Harly.

    LOL! Who is Harly?

    > Kurt is a brain dead fool of an individual,

    Wow, I did not know this. Please pull my feeding tube.

    > destined for
    > utter self destruction.

    Are you psychic, or is this just wishful thinking?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    or me, my XP box

    Daniel
    "Vagabond Software" <vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "NoStop" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
    >> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 02:20 pm, Uncle John had this to say in
    >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
    >>
    >>> I have not had a blue screen crash since I installed SP2 and I agree the
    >>> OS is very stable. However there is still the occasional shutdown for
    >>> unknown reasons.
    >>> I run heartbeat to monitor the uptime and I have never got more that 4
    >>> days without an unexplained shutdown.
    >>> I believe that the cause is the updates installed by Windows Update. One
    >>> has the system running stable. There is an unexplained shutdown. In the
    >>> log one sees that there has been an update installed within the last 24
    >>> hours.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe Vista will be better.
    >>>
    >> Here's my uptime ... mind you that was 30 seconds ago :-) ...
    >>
    >> System Uptime: 64 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes
    >>
    >> Not running on XP, btw. And the only reason for it being that short was
    >> that
    >> there was a power outtage and I have no ups attached to the computer.
    >>

    >> --
    >
    > Uptime is important for people just starting to get interested in taking
    > care of a system. I think every aspiring system administrator of computer
    > hobbyist should shoot for a 30 or 60 day uptime at least once.
    >
    > Beyond that, uptime is a meaningless statistic. I can't remember I had an
    > unplanned or forced restart as a result of a problem, rather than a patch,
    > on a Windows operating system. I think it may have been during the
    > Neverwinter Nights Beta? No wait, I remember now. I installed the wrong
    > ATI video driver on my desktop in April and that caused some wierdness
    > that forced me into an unrecoverable restart situation. I don't think
    > I've ever needed to restart my Windows 2003 Server...
    >
    > Carl

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP